The Future Is Bright.

dogyekcoh*

I am really impressed with how poise Toffoli is. He looks great out there. His on ice vision is extremely good for his age. Great job Dean and the scout team. :handclap:

Ron*

As I noted before, I am extremely impressed with his aggressiveness in the playoffs. I am convinced he is going to pot at least one goal in these playoffs, even if its on the fourth line.

Drawing the penalty against Stuart for the trip started the snowball that avalanched the Sharks tonight.

LAX attack*

This was his coming of age game for the Kings. He can now play any line for the Kings, and deserves 15 minutes of ice or around taht number for games here on out

KingKopitar11*

We gotta wear shades!

That'd be a great idea for next years playoff run. Shades..everywhere.

As I noted before, I am extremely impressed with his aggressiveness in the playoffs. I am convinced he is going to pot at least one goal in these playoffs, even if its on the fourth line.

Drawing the penalty against Stuart for the trip started the snowball that avalanched the Sharks tonight.

He's been amazing. I can't believe he would shine in the playoffs.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Some of us have known it for a few years now.

But when you say the future looks bright Toffoli is only one of several reasons that it does. We have several kids coming up over the next few seasons who are equally as talented and are going to be very good NHLers.

I have been accused too many times now of only saying good things about our prospects but that isn't true. I don't say anything about our prospects that I don't see becoming impact players or even making the NHL.

We have a bunch of NHLers coming up and I agree, our future is VERY bright.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I am really looking forward to seeing Andy play

He will be a good grinder agitator bottom 6er for us. He has played pretty much the same game at every level and once he gets his feet wet he will start doing his thing. He can throw a big hit here and there but he is more of a really solid two way hockey player who plays with a fun in your face style.

He has some O skills but I am not expecting him to become a big time scorer for us. I like his hustle and determination as much as anything else he does. He plays smart enough hockey to where he should be a good add for us.

The kids I am excited about next are

Gravel (I know I love the kids game but whats not to love)
Shore (I once said that he didn't use his head enough right before he was drafted. I was proven wrong about a month later and have remained happily wrong ever since. He is going to be Stolls replacement when the time comes and will be an upgrade I think by a considerable amount)
Vey (I am happy to see him silence his critics. For my money though the play different positions and provide different contributions he is equal to or even better than Toffoli. Vey is becoming the player I was accused of over hyping when he was drafted. Gonna be a good one)
AndyAndy
Kozun (GROW KID GROW so DL and DS will give you your much deserved shot. If he makes it it won't be long before he is loved for his hands hits and huge amount of testicular fortitude)
Deslariers (I still bang the drum)
Pearson (He is ready to step up and get his shot. I like his compete level and his skating. He could be a top 6LW that plays a solid hard good effort two way game for us or he could become a 3rd liner who plays the way we all wish King would but he is going to be a player)

There are too many to list right now but we are looking very great and talent heavy for the next few years for certain.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I love how Sutter is not afraid of putting Toffoli out there in just about any situation, and he increased his minutes and shifts in the 3rd, and for good reason. The kid is unbelievable and will without a doubt be on the opening night roster next season.

Should also add that he looks so much more comfortable handling the puck on his strong side. It goes to show you that placing certain players on their off-wing doesn't always work. That game winning goal was created from Toffoli blazing down from RW, shielding the puck with his body. He wouldn't be able to perform that rush on his backhand if he's coming down the LW.

The future indeed looks bright with Toffoli and the arrival of Tanner Pearson who could possibly earn a spot on the roster out of training camp.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
I love how Sutter is not afraid of putting Toffoli out there in just about any situation, and he increased his minutes and shifts in the 3rd, and for good reason. The kid is unbelievable and will without a doubt be on the opening night roster next season.

Toffoli made himself impossible to leave off the roster, and has now made himself impossible to leave off the ice. The moment of the comeback came from the Penner-Kopitar-Toffoli shift after that TV timeout, during which Toffoli drew the penalty.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I gotta think he's on some crazy adrenaline rush because he's playing out of his mind. It's awesome to see.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I gotta think he's on some crazy adrenaline rush because he's playing out of his mind. It's awesome to see.

Most rookies in the playoffs usually are, remember what King and Nolan brought to the lineup last year? Toffoli seems to bring that same thing this year except it's subtle with him because it's not a big hit or agressive forecheck, it's a drawn penalty and then a great play on the goal like last night. Toffoli seems to have brought that same youthful exuberance and hunger that King and Nolan had last year and that can only help the team because with a close knit team like the Kings, no one wants to be the guy that disappoints the kid/s and that picks everyones game up a notch.

I love how Sutter is not afraid of putting Toffoli out there in just about any situation, and he increased his minutes and shifts in the 3rd, and for good reason.

I've thought this has been the best thing about Sutter since he was hired. While TM would shelter younger players and hope they find success and confidence, Sutter continues to find situations that young players can succeed and puts them in them. His in-game man-management seems to be really great as well. He picks up who is struggling and who isn't and changes lines/pairings accordingly. To me his decision to carry 7 d-men last series and his adjustments with Toffoli last night have been huge reasons why the Kings are where they are right now.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i think he has looked better on the 4th line, than he did skating with MR and Carts. he seemed to worried about staying out of their way, or setting them up. now he is just out there playing his game and making things happen. his overall play is better, his aggressiveness has improved and his positioning.

i am not saying this is where he belongs, but his slotting into the fourth line has been a benefit for him

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
i think he has looked better on the 4th line, than he did skating with MR and Carts. he seemed to worried about staying out of their way, or setting them up. now he is just out there playing his game and making things happen. his overall play is better, his aggressiveness has improved and his positioning.

i am not saying this is where he belongs, but his slotting into the fourth line has been a benefit for him

I agree, when he's out there with our depth players he seems more capable of seizing control of the shift. Its good experience for him, and before much longer he'll be able to replicate that effort with the skill players he's a bit more tentative around.

I'm extremely happy DL didn't budge and include Toffoli in any trades.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

I agree, I think the fact, for now, esp in the playoffs, he's being slotted in a position where he's not facing top competition is good for him and gives him a chance to shine in a more comfortable area.
Hard to take your eyes off him last night, he looked very comfortable playing in all 3 zones. He's a shooter and I think he'd be a good fit with Kopi, and maybe move Brown down to the 2nd line next year. Having 2 shooters on the 2nd line wouldn't be as balanced .But the kid is clearly a top 6 player and you can see that in his play and decision making.

The kids I am excited about next are

Gravel (I know I love the kids game but whats not to love)
Shore (I once said that he didn't use his head enough right before he was drafted. I was proven wrong about a month later and have remained happily wrong ever since. He is going to be Stolls replacement when the time comes and will be an upgrade I think by a considerable amount)
Vey (I am happy to see him silence his critics. For my money though the play different positions and provide different contributions he is equal to or even better than Toffoli. Vey is becoming the player I was accused of over hyping when he was drafted. Gonna be a good one)
AndyAndy
Kozun (GROW KID GROW so DL and DS will give you your much deserved shot. If he makes it it won't be long before he is loved for his hands hits and huge amount of testicular fortitude)
Deslariers (I still bang the drum)
Pearson (He is ready to step up and get his shot. I like his compete level and his skating. He could be a top 6LW that plays a solid hard good effort two way game for us or he could become a 3rd liner who plays the way we all wish King would but he is going to be a player)

Thanks for the summary, and with Deano getting what? 10 more this year in the draft? Stocking that farm system and keeping it rich.

I am looking forward to Pearson maybe making the team next year on LW, he's clearly on that path. A friend of mine who does fantasy hockey asked meabout him because he knows I am a Kings fan. he said (and I don't know fantasy hockey so I wasn't familiar with the name/site) Dobbler hockey or someone who posts articles there had a nice piece on Pearson and how he's rising fast.

Anyway, I liked your overview
Kings are lucky you don't have HOmer...took many bad decisons and valuable picks traded away for too many years and now a thin farm system that needs to be restocked.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Anyway, I liked your overview
Kings are lucky you don't have HOmer...took many bad decisons and valuable picks traded away for too many years and now a thin farm system that needs to be restocked.

is it Homer, or is it Snider telling Homer? i have always seen it as Snider being impatient and telling Homer what he wants in order to get him another Cup

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Code:
is it Homer, or is it Snider telling Homer? i have always seen it as Snider being impatient and telling Homer what he wants in order to get him another Cup

Snider calls the shots, esp the big ones, but some of the trades at Homer's level were wasting picks. Like giving up the Richards 2nd rounder for Kubina, who was terrible in the handful of games he did play. Too many like that, thrown away on a 'quick fix'. That's Homer.
The big decision, Carter Richards, Bryz etc, are on Ed.
Homer is still tied to the 70's...looking for the 'big guy', which is why we wasting money on Kurt Foster, who all Homer could say about him was 'he's a big guy and has a hard shot'. That's great...and he's slow, really slow...
Why get a skilled, fast puck handing D when you can just get 'big slow guys'

And he'll do some similiar boneheaded move this summer...and I have a gut feeling Read or Couterier will be heading out.
Never thinks about the CAp, has always been at or over it...signs players during the playoff push at the end of the year that are 'good veterans for the room' AKA one=skate-in-the-grave...

santiclaws

May 19, 2005

I don't really see it that way. Adrenaline doesn't get you responsible defensive play in your own zone and good decisions with the puck. Playing very much within himself. Just seems like he's a talented, level-headed kid. Who doesn't seem to realize where he is. No one tell him he's playing significant minutes in critical situations, in the playoffs, for the defending champs. Shhhh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00