The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
I think it's too early to place blame on reasons why Fiala or Forsberg aren't lighting the world on fire. I think Forsberg is just going through the ups and downs of a sophomore season and has been the victim of line switching and is maybe trying too hard to generate offense himself. For Fiala, he's 19 and still has plenty of time to progress in his own right.

Not really a matter of blaming anyone, but Id imagine playing with your childhood idol could have a pretty good impact on a young player. If I was a 19 year old player who gets the opportunity to play with a 43 years old Jaromir Jagr you bet your *** Id listen to anything he tells me and do everything not to mess up.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Id like to get someone for our forwards group to look up to. Even though Fisher and Ribeiro were good players, they were never super stars and Ribeiro isnt really someone to set an example. Look at what Jagr is doing for Panthers young forwards. Maybe thats the missing piece to get Fiala going and to bring Forsberg to the next level.

Very good point a younger version of Fish would be nice. Fiala needs a nice big slice of maturity. By the time he is ready to make the jump here Fish ribs will be gone. The old man of the team will be Weber and Rinne neither of which can relate to forward issues really. Neal while a team leader is not the best choice for a mentor. Could this be why Lavi is wanting Forsberg to play with Fish??? WHo knows but its a thought.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I know Drouin is supposed to be a great talent, but it's not like Fiala isn't a higher end prospect himself, if we added something significant we lose that deal.

Agreed. If Hook somehow meshes long term with the first line then the formula changes. Still, stats say PREDS need a two-way wing.

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
We need to make a offer to Arizona for boedker, rather they wanna keep him or not make an offer. Give up something for him. He would be a great fit for Neal and Joey! Take a chance, I mean worse thing that can happen is he doesn't work out! But it would be a perfect addition, it would work im pretty sure of it. I understand giving up the future for him but weber and peks aren't getting younger. And we have 23 million in cap space might be able to sign him back maybe. Sign forsey Joey and him to long deals. Got goose coming off the books. Trade nystorm, lose a little grit for some skill

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
From what I've heard Bodker has some attitude issues. So no interest in him we have enough of those already.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Where are you seeing this? Just went looking and found nothing.

Dave Poulin's Twitter but it's been a repeated bunch of smoke. Nothing confirmed but it's getting smoky. If anything, it's not a good fit. Eriksson seems to be a better fit. I can't find all the tweets but I've seen 4 or 5 speculating Fiala for Drouin.

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
From what I've heard Bodker has some attitude issues. So no interest in him we have enough of those already.

Yeah he also scores goals! Something that we could very well use. They said Joey had attitude issues and I've heard nothing but positive things from our players coaches and management. Maybe he needs a change, when your stuck in Arizona where they have been struggling besides of this year, everybody wants to be traded. Maybe he wants out. And everybody is talking about drouin and getting him, what about how his attitude is?? He's not even playing because he doesn't wanna get hurt before a trade. That's stupid, everybody in the nhl was looking at him until he did that. That's attitude issues.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Bodker from what I have seen of the guy I like his game. Im not sold he would be 1st line guy. In his 5 years in the league he has completed 82 games twice and has not broke 20 goals. I see him as another Stalberg looks good on the ice but can't produce the numbers to warrant the salary he is signed for.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
And everybody is talking about drouin and getting him, what about how his attitude is?? He's not even playing because he doesn't wanna get hurt before a trade. That's stupid, everybody in the nhl was looking at him until he did that. That's attitude issues.

I think the majority of people on these boards want nothing to do with Drouin.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Drouin for Fiala + would make a lot of sense for both teams. Doubt it happens.

I would be much more interested in getting Eriksson. Proven player, great two way game and instantly bumps Jarnkrok off the top line.

Eriksson RyJo Neal would be one of if not the best starting line in Preds history.

Boedker is interesting. I think he would be a good fit, but he hasn't really flourished offensively.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I think the majority of people on these boards want nothing to do with Drouin.

Depending on the + that gets added to Fiala, i'd definately do Fiala+ for Drouin.

There's bust potential with JD, but there is also dynamic talent that you can't find outside of the top 5 in a good draft year. It's a lottery ticket, but one worth taking a chance on.

I like Fiala, but he doesn't have the ceiling that Drouin has. You can find another Fiala in the 1st round of the draft.

I'd stay away from rentals like Eriksson or Staal. This team isn't in a position to give up assets for a rental that won't put them over the top.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
any deadline deal for an older veteran or a UFA will be a bad decision for the franchise.

I think that David Poile will take long look at Staal for three reasons:
.. I feel the odds are getting stronger that one of, and maybe both (a much longer shot), of Ribeiro and Fisher will not be back next year. (Completely gut feel)
.. I don't think that Poile is ready to hand the 2C to Kamenev and would like a veteran capable of playing that role if Kamenev isn't ready. Ribeiro has already shifted to the wing due to his inability to play C effectively this season.
.. Staal would be a decent fit for this team this year. He can still be effective playing C when he doesn't need to be the 1C. He has the type of body that holds up well in the playoffs. He knows Lavy's system very well. He's 31 and not 35+.

Now, I don't think that Poile will "give up the farm" for Staal. Would he give up a mid-to-late 1st? Maybe.

There are a few better options, for sure. And it could definitely be a bad move for the franchise. If he re-signs reasonably (presuming he was an effective addition) it also might work out.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
oh I think we will make some sort of vet deal too, because I truly believe poile feels we are much closer to challenging than I think we are

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
A big no for rentals unless it's a complete robbery. Agreed with Aintlifegrand, Fiala and Drouin are close as far as skill goes and the difference between them is almost nothing. I wouldn't trade Fiala for Drouin.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
And if they have contracts in hand or are resigned?

I have a hard time seeing a guy who is about 3 months from free agency, where he could choose where he plays and gets a UFA inflated contract giving that up to sign with a brand new team in a city he's never played in before.

If we want an Eriksson or Staal that bad, then just sign them in July. Don't give up assets.

The rentals only work out if you can be reasonably sure that he is the missing piece on a major cup run. I don't think we're in that position this year.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
every one always says maybe we can re sign that UFA after the season. but statistically I bet not 1 in 20 actually re sign with the team they are traded to at the deadline, and that 1 is usually a lower level talent type guy. the true skill guys almost never do.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Drouin's scored at .45 PPG pace despite 3rd and 4th line ice time on the Bolts. Stick him on RyJo's wing with Neal on the opposite side and you might have something that could Rival the Benn/Seguin line in terms of being dangerous.

Fiala's a nice prospect. Drouin is on a whole 'nuther level.

He's a bit of a risk, but so is Patrick Kane. Guys like that are worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad