The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
The short version is that there've been positive comments from both Torts and Joey saying that there really aren't any issues. And Joey's play is picking back up - he's quietly retaken the team lead in scoring. It gets overblown, however, because folks predicted it would happen and then there was juuuust enough to feed the confirmation bias beast.

And I've been kind of on a hawk-like watch for heavier issues developing, mostly 'cause I was worried about their appearance and was strongly against hiring Torts as a result. I'm still not ruling out that something may happen in the future... but, at least, it's not happening now.

Thank you.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Let's get some offense. Ellis/Jones should be moved for a forward. Throw in Wilson or Smith to get a defensemen. We just need someone who can provide a spark to this team.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
This team definitely needs a spark.

I think Wilson needs a scenery change honestly. I know we just resigned him to 4 years or whatever but he just looks like he doesnt wanna be here for like 3/4 of the year.

Move one of the defenseman (Jones or Ellis) for a center and move wilson or one of the other depth forwards in a package to pick up a top 4 d-man to fill the gap somewhat. (maybe we could dump Nystrom? :help:)

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Russo thinks that Wild GM Chuck Fletcher should be looking at Blue Jackets Ryan Johansen if GM Jarmo Kekalainen is listening to offers on him. They should be in on Johansen over Islanders defenseman Travis Hamonic. The Wild don’t need a top four defenseman and they could use a No. 1 center. The Blue Jackets need help on the blueline. Would Fletcher be willing to offer up Jonas Brodin, Matt Dumba or Gustav Olofsson?

"The Predators and Wild are both deep on the blueline and both could use some help upfront."

Wouldn't want this to happen...

site: mynhltraderumors.com

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Russo thinks that Wild GM Chuck Fletcher should be looking at Blue Jackets Ryan Johansen if GM Jarmo Kekalainen is listening to offers on him. They should be in on Johansen over Islanders defenseman Travis Hamonic. The Wild don’t need a top four defenseman and they could use a No. 1 center. The Blue Jackets need help on the blueline. Would Fletcher be willing to offer up Jonas Brodin, Matt Dumba or Gustav Olofsson?

"The Predators and Wild are both deep on the blueline and both could use some help upfront."

Wouldn't want this to happen...

site: mynhltraderumors.com

I will be sick if Minnesota gets Johansen. Couldn't think of a worse outcome for the Preds.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I will be sick if Minnesota gets Johansen. Couldn't think of a worse outcome for the Preds.

Exactly. Don't you think that if Minny is comfortable with moving one of Brodin, Dumba, or Bouramann (pretty sure he was their first pick in the 2015 draft) that we should be AT LEASt entertaining the idea of kicking the tires on a deal involving one of Jones or Ellis.

I'd do Ellis + Fiala + pick but I think CBJ would want a center prospect back and it'd be one of Kamenev or Trenin, which I don't wanna see either go...but if we could sign Vesey and add Johansen, I'd be able to swallow that pill.

Ellis + Trenin + 2017 2nd for RoJo?

Might be too little.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Bartley cleared waivers and I'd give up Jones and Kamenev and maybe more if required (depending on the +) for Johansen.

It's a tough pill to swallow but that's what's required to get a young, #1C.

With Granberg now in the fold as well our depth on defense doesn't look as bad as it did so it's probably easier to trade one of the roster defensemen. Even a couple of guys for the Ads could come up and contribute if necessary imo so if somebody goes down for a little bit the team would be better equipped to deal with that as well.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
plus, Jack Dougherty is supposed to be a bright spot in our defensive pipeline...so we could look for him to contribute in a year or so.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Exactly. Don't you think that if Minny is comfortable with moving one of Brodin, Dumba, or Bouramann (pretty sure he was their first pick in the 2015 draft) that we should be AT LEASt entertaining the idea of kicking the tires on a deal involving one of Jones or Ellis.

I'd do Ellis + Fiala + pick but I think CBJ would want a center prospect back and it'd be one of Kamenev or Trenin, which I don't wanna see either go...but if we could sign Vesey and add Johansen, I'd be able to swallow that pill.

Might be too little.

Probably going to require Jones + 1st for a starting point. I would add Wilson if they added a D man.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
CBJ: Jones + Wilson + 2017 1st
NSH; Johansen + Prout

I'd love to get Jack Johnson in the deal and just make it a blockbuster

CBJ: Jones + Wilson + Fiala + 2017 1st
NSH: Johansen + Johnson (might need some sal. retained)

Could send Nystrom as a cap dump haha. Am i way off here?

I know Viqsi will be opposed because there are now 2 wingers i the proposal but you could add Trenin, who I'd move before Kamenev. A 1-2 punch of Johansen and Kamenev in the future could be prove to be lethal.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
NSH; Johansen + Prout

I know Viqsi will be opposed because there are now 2 wingers i the proposal but you could add Trenin, who I'd move before Kamenev. A 1-2 punch of Johansen and Kamenev in the future could be prove to be lethal.

Wilson is a winger who can play center when needed. He has in the past, we have just been so deep at center (not in talent, just bodies) that he hasn't had the real chance to. In the brief time he got to due to injuries, he said he prefers center. Could be an option for them at least as a 2C.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
In the brief time he got to due to injuries, he said he prefers center. Could be an option for them at least as a 2C.

Damn, I didn't know that we definitely should try him as a center. Maybe this is the reason he isn't producing? Could be.

As for Johansen I'd offer pretty similar what you have already offered:

Jones + 2017 2nd + Trenin

for

Johansen + Prout

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
NSH; Johansen + Prout

Pretty good proposals but we don't want to give up anymore of our firsts. Let's avoid that to the very end and if it's the only possibility then yes.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Pretty good proposals but we don't want to give up anymore of our firsts. Let's avoid that to the very end and if it's the only possibility then yes.

that's how i feel too. I want to have a 1st round draft pick but honestly...I'd have rather had that 1st rounder in last years draft. If we could somehow give up a 1st as the add-in piece and keep Kamenev and Trenin, i'd say book it, sign the dotted line, seal the deal.

We do pretty well in the 2nd-4th round area of the draft. So, to be down another 1st round pick; it wouldn't hurt all that much if we added a 22 year old budding superstar first line center and kept our two most prominent center prospects.

I think most on here would be ok with the loss of the 1st rounder if the above played out.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
that's how i feel too. I want to have a 1st round draft pick but honestly...I'd have rather had that 1st rounder in last years draft. If we could somehow give up a 1st as the add-in piece and keep Kamenev and Trenin, i'd say book it, sign the dotted line, seal the deal.

We do pretty well in the 2nd-4th round area of the draft. So, to be down another 1st round pick; it wouldn't hurt all that much if we added a 22 year old budding superstar first line center and kept our two most prominent center prospects.

I think most on here would be ok with the loss of the 1st rounder if the above played out.

This would be the only reason I would even consider moving the 1st. Having moved it last year, we don't want to trade this years and be without a 1st for two straight years unless it is totally worth it. No more Gaustad's or Franson's for a 1st type deals.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Might be too little.

No "might" about it. We'd follow up by offering Wennberg + Siebenaler + 2nd for Josi. ;)

* * *​
NSH; Johansen + Prout

The real opposition is twofold:
1) One of the wingers is Fiala. We have several winger prospects and they don't have Fiala's red flags.
2) We are giving up one of our top defensemen and not getting a replacement. This is not a thing we can afford to do. (Jones cannot replace both Johansen and Johnson. If we move both, we need two blueliners.)

* * *​
Wilson is a winger who can play center when needed. He has in the past, we have just been so deep at center (not in talent, just bodies) that he hasn't had the real chance to. In the brief time he got to due to injuries, he said he prefers center. Could be an option for them at least as a 2C.

Not really. Dubinsky and Foligno would definitely be ahead of him, Wennberg ought to be able to jump ahead, and Karlsson would definitely get more ice time despite lower production (altho that doesn't say much; I think Karlsson is currently leading the entire forward corps in ice time 'cause Tortorella loves him so much)

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
"I think Vlasic and Suter are better than Josi."

* * *​

The bolded has not happened, nor has something resembling it happened, nor has any part of that statement ever been true in any way at any time ever in Joey's career. This is akin to me claiming that Josi once put out Poile's other eye because he was feeling jealous of Weber - it's a complete fabrication based on something completely unrelated that was previously falsely attributed to someone else entirely. That you even think this is a horrible condemnation of your ability to stay properly informed.

I will go with the NHL partner here....
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/10/23/report-torts-told-johansen-that-hes-not-in-shape/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh, you mean the one based on a comment by Larry Brooks (a known Tortorella hater and agitator) that turned out to be partially untrue based on Torts' and Joey's own comments later? That Joey wasn't keeping up because he's got energy issues (known to the organization for quite some time - since last offseason, even), not fitness issues? That got blown out of proportion because it follows the dramatic "Tortorella destroys teams" narrative and also fits in for all those folks who were so very, very disappointed that they couldn't poach Joey for cheap during the contract negotiation? That one?

Going by that degree of accuracy in reporting and information management, Shea Weber's going to the Flyers any day now. See previous statement re: ability to stay properly informed.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Torts has a Cup and the Jackets have how many????

He was brought in to do exactly what he is doing. Light a fire under the talent they have not to be there buddy. Take warm showers with and a beer at the titty bar. If you think the GM hired him to bring Zen to the team then you have missed the boat.

In fact I can think of another team that could use a lil tough love right now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Torts has a Cup and the Jackets have how many????

He was brought in to do exactly what he is doing. Light a fire under the talent they have not to be there buddy. Take warm showers with and a beer at the titty bar. If you think the GM hired him to bring Zen to the team then you have missed the boat.

In fact I can think of another team that could use a lil tough love right now.
...I'm not sure how this follows from what I said.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
For those wishing for RNH head over to the Oil page and read the gameday thead. And see what those guys really think about him.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
For those wishing for RNH head over to the Oil page and read the gameday thead. And see what those guys really think about him.

Him and Yakupov probably the worst 1st overalls since Stefan and DiPietro, though the environment undoubtedly hasn't helped them. Not a guy that is going to carry you on his back to the promised land. Great guy to have as a #2 though...well, unless your Edmonton apparently.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yep, this week is gonna decide whether David Poile will pick up the phone and make a nice little call to Ron Francis and they'll settle the deal and on 8th of December the first line of the Nashville Predators will be led by Eric Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad