Rumor: The Fourth period: Quick to Leafs?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If im Quick I only accept a trade to a contender .. not seeing Toronto a good fit.

they have a fairly straight forward path to the semi finals. At that point who knows which teams will be healthy. I honestly think the Leafs have an easier path than the west as Vegas, Colorado and maybe St. Louis all have a say. The Central with Carolina and Tampa (and Florida?) is tough, and the East has 4 contending teams. The North is Toronto's for the taking IMO. Edmonton relies on PP which do not happen in the playoffs, Winnipeg is a good story but I don't think they have the defensive depth (although they have been surprising).

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Last year you couldn't give away quick for free. Now we need to send a first and prospect? Lol get out of here

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Last year you couldn't give away quick for free. Now we need to send a first and prospect? Lol get out of here
Things can change in a hurry....let alone a whole year later.
That being said, don't agree with the guy you quoted either, but in the world of aports, and negotiations, things can change in a big hurry.
Supply, demand and pressure points. Moving targets for sure.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Freddy going the other way, right? Costs to move Freddy.
Andersen is 4 years younger and is on an expiring contract. Quick has two more years left at $5.8M and hasn't had a good season in three. Both have the same SV% this season.

The Leafs aren't that desperate to move Andersen and he certainly has more value than Quick even with his recent regression.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Cool we're talking about who broke the Tavares signing

And regardless, 50% hit rate is better than TFP's 1% hit rate
We're talking about someone with no leads. A shock jock who got canned and dropped lower and lower and lower into nothingness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad