The Football (Not American)/Futbol/Soccer Thread: No More International Breaks!

Who Wins the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

It's unbelievable how integrated football teams are within their cities or regions of cities...like almost daily life occurrences even for the people who hate sports. It makes sense why people label it close to a religion in some episodes of society/daily life.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's unbelievable how integrated football teams are within their cities or regions of cities...like almost daily life occurrences even for the people who hate sports. It makes sense why people label it close to a religion in some episodes of society/daily life.

Yeah, my grandmother only ever watched the world cup, but she was always happy to hear the Alte Försterei rocking from her house a km or two away in Köpenik because of what the club had meant before reunification. My uncle's stories about being a Union Fan back in the DDR was what got me into the sport.

...don't think I'll forgive my uncle for being too drunk to get his name on the statue they put up for fans who had worked on the Stadium Renovations :laugh:

Anyways, here's to hoping we can hold on for this pt. We've earned it today, despite the terribly timed red card that swung the match back to augsburg.

Reactions: 63 others and 21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This thread is still alive good to see. I miss chatting with you guys on footy and other stuff. @S E P H @cgf @Alex Jones @Ivan13 @JWK

a60733d0-6458-0132-17d3-0a7dfd902b7c.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My Argentina Hierarchy
Meh Messi > Martinez > Icardi >>>>>> Dybala

lol no, Bittencourt is Arsenal caliber at best.
That was a jest post in response to FIFA which had him like a top calibre player that developed in the high 80s because of his pace. I thought he was going to be a good player though, but it never materialised beyond his speed.

You trying to trigger me with that Arsenal comment, lol?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Switch Messi with Martinez and you got it right.
Seriously? I crap on Messi because he's so boring to talk about similar to CR7, but he's still one of the best or the best footballer of all time. I love me some Martinez, but he probably tops off as a Henry type of player...which is still amazing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Seriously? I crap on Messi because he's so boring to talk about similar to CR7, but he's still one of the best or the best footballer of all time. I love me some Martinez, but he probably tops off as a Henry type of player...which is still amazing.
Lol of course I'm kidding. Messi is the greatest of all time.

I wasn't even referring to Martinez from Inter but the Ajax Martinez who looks to be an elite player that can play multiple positions.

Inter Martinez is not as talented as Dybala and isn't ever going to get close to Henry. He's a good player but his passing and technical ability for me right now are lacking. I don't think he can get into the elite striker category ala Kun.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My Argentina Hierarchy
Meh Messi > Martinez > Icardi >>>>>> Dybala

That was a jest post in response to FIFA which had him like a top calibre player that developed in the high 80s because of his pace. I thought he was going to be a good player though, but it never materialised beyond his speed.

You trying to trigger me with that Arsenal comment, lol?

Ah, I don't even remember the last FIFA that I played so that went straight over my head :laugh:

But alas IRL he's too much of a dumb-dumb to properly utilize his talent, like Oztunali.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So we are now officially on a winning streak in the 1st division after having beaten Freiburg in the cup to advance past the 2nd round for the first time in 5 years...

...this feels like a trap...

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have to bump this thread...

...because holy shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of pundits - without any insider knowledge - think this is a smokescreen for Bartomeu to step down from his role.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
can someone make a new poll...for example wich club will be the next powerhouse in UEFA CL - Real is getting older, Barca is a mess right now, Inter,PSG and City are always near the top but can't get over that last step, Bayern is current champion...who else is there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad