The Football (Not American)/Futbol/Soccer Thread: No More International Breaks!

Who Wins the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Not sure I really dislike any of the last four teams.....not sure who to root for here either, though

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I don't have opinions... I have facts.

200.gif

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Mbappe is such a talent. And still 19.

It's a shame Buffon left Juventus now that they're going to win UCL.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The cynic in me says that he was starting to worry about the pace & competitiveness of La Liga; but that's huge for Juve.
Idk, I mean I could see him worrying about that, but he is also still scoring a goal a game.

There's been discussion for a while that he's over Real, perhaps he finally decided it was time to pull the plug. Idk.

Have to wonder if this mean Real is going to break the record for someone like Mbappe or Neymar.

Reactions: Murzu

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
The cynic in me says that he was starting to worry about the pace & competitiveness of La Liga; but that's huge for Juve.
Honestly, I think that is part of it. He is not the player he used to be, solely a striker nowadays. Still a world class one, but both slowing down, and not really getting past people the same way he used to.
He might also have seen Zidane leaving, and the team getting older so he decided to leave on a high (like with United, although we lost that last CL final with him).
Also getting a long contract is not bad, and a few more titles in another league is not bad either.
After that he has won the CL in at least two countries, and if Juve does not completely crash and burn, Cups and League titles in 3.
And a lot of titles.

Has to be one of the greats, if not greatest after those feats in 3 different countries and leagues, if indeed he continues winning in Italy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Honestly, I think that is part of it. He is not the player he used to be, solely a striker nowadays. Still a world class one, but both slowing down, and not really getting past people the same way he used to.
He might also have seen Zidane leaving, and the team getting older so he decided to leave on a high (like with United, although we lost that last CL final with him).
Also getting a long contract is not bad, and a few more titles in another league is not bad either.
After that he has won the CL in at least two countries, and if Juve does not completely crash and burn, Cups and League titles in 3.
And a lot of titles.

Has to be one of the greats, if not greatest after those feats in 3 different countries and leagues, if indeed he continues winning in Italy.

How funny would it be if Juve got CR7 and lost Serie A for first time in a decade :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Punch in the gut to get a player injured in extra time with no substitutions left.

Felt like England trusted their ability to hold on and Croatia got more and more time in the second half. Not a full turtle but still.

Congrats to Croatia. They'll probably be an underdog coming into the finals but I have a feeling they don't particularly mind that role.

Reactions: Ivan13

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Aww yeah!!!! You gotta love this Croatian team, so much heart and determination. And as a bonus, they put a stop to this It’s coming home nonsense.

Reactions: cgf and Ivan13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad