OT: The Food & Drinks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Where can you find a decent old school Montreal pizza for delivery downtown now? I was looking the other day and it's all cheap halal joints around Concordia. There used to be that one above P&A but it's gone.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Cheaper, more sustainable for the environment, easier to eat healthy.

You wanna eat healthy, fish and hunt for your own food.

I have trout, pickerel and pike in my freezer, all deboned and about 150lbs of moose meat.

I have five 4x8x18inches raised garden beds in my back yard, grow my own vegetables and herbs

Now that's self sustainable!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

I have trout, pickerel and pike in my freezer, all deboned and about 150lbs of moose meat.

I have five 4x8x18inches raised garden beds in my back yard, grow my own vegetables and herbs

Good stuff. Unfortunately I live in downtown Montreal in a small condo and my freezer can barely fit a loaf of bread let alone long-term frozen meats.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Good stuff. Unfortunately I live in downtown Montreal in a small condo and my freezer can barely fit a loaf of bread let alone long-term frozen meats.

:laugh:

Ya, I own a 17.5sq/ft deep freezer and a 4.4sq/ft deep freezer plus the one that's part of our fridge.

Plus I have a cold room in my basement where I stack my 60 mason jars of homemade tomato sauce, and beets, and olives, and pimento sauce, and homemade maple syrup.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Mumbai was the best indian in the Sud-ouest but it closed a year ago. Since then, i've tried at least 5-6 different indian restaurants and couldn't find a decent one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Theres still options for you, assuming its not also an ethical dillema on animal cruelty, which is, to me, the only real argument vegans have and a strong one at that. (Im not against veganism, im against poor reasons to be a vegan, money, health and to a lesser extent environmentalism are some of those.)

Case in point, grass fed freerange, locally owned chicken eggs.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing

We have a good amount of salmon, pickerel, and pike in our freezer too, except a few friends caught them for us, launched from our property though.

And we are planting a garden this summer to grow more of our own food.

Not into hunting though, but I have lots of friends who do.

My wife always tells me to hit the turkeys who cross the road in front of us, but I hear they taste terrible.

We get our eggs, steak, and potatoes straight from the farmer. Don't have the space to farm those on our land. Looking to buy though!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
:laugh:

Ya, I own a 17.5sq/ft deep freezer and a 4.4sq/ft deep freezer plus the one that's part of our fridge.

Plus I have a cold room in my basement where I stack my 60 mason jars of homemade tomato sauce, and beets, and olives, and pimento sauce, and homemade maple syrup.
My freezers are all filled up with all the bodies of banned HF posters. I thought about eating them but...

Reactions: CalgarySnow

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Theres still options for you, assuming its not also an ethical dillema on animal cruelty, which is, to me, the only real argument vegans have and a strong one at that. (Im not against veganism, im against poor reasons to be a vegan, money, health and to a lesser extent environmentalism are some of those.)

Case in point, grass fed freerange, locally owned chicken eggs.

The animal cruelty bit is a big reason. Every time I played with my dog it became harder and harder for me to justify the amount of meat I was eating.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The animal cruelty bit is a big reason. Every time I played with my dog it became harder and harder for me to justify the amount of meat I was eating.

Animal cruelty? What are you talking about?

The modern breeds of cows and chicken that we use would never survive in the wild. Breeding them in large amouts in our modern farms is the only way to keep these species (and many others) from going extinct.

If eating meat is murder, going vegan is nothing less than genocide. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any other vegan food enthusiasts on here?

As a family, all of us are leaning more and more towards having several vegan suppers a week.

We all love Indian food, so we'll be looking for recipes that feature cumin, masala, tumeric and curry. Could eat Indian dishes every night of the week, love it.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mumbai was the best indian in the Sud-ouest but it closed a year ago. Since then, i've tried at least 5-6 different indian restaurants and couldn't find a decent one.

The one Indian restaurant we have been favoring is Kuljit India, a hole in a small strip mall. It's family run, portions are pretty abundant, quality is good and is affordable.

We always order thali as an entree. I follow it up with lamb masala, which the owners will agree to prepare even if it's off menu. I'm partial to anything-masala. Their nans are good, served steaming hot. They also have several vegan options. It's BYOB and if you've forgotten to bring beer, you can get it nearby from a supermarket 2 mins away on Marcel Laurin or if it's closed, there's a dépanneur a little further out.

http://www.menupix.com/montreal/restaurants/1178047/Restaurant-Kuljit-India-Montreal-QC

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
My coffee infused bourbon is ready today. It's been sitting for three weeks. Just dripping it through a coffee filter now and I'll make myself a drink.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

You've now become my favorite poster here. I love to hunt and fish. And nothing better than fresh grown veggies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You've now become my favorite poster here. I love to hunt and fish. And nothing better than fresh grown veggies.

Lol....right on!

Growing your own veggies is amazing. My dad can't eat carrots in the store, even the organic ones, it itches his throat. But when they come out I my garden, no problem. It's worth it man, grow your own veggies, I make my omelette in the summer with fresh coriander, green onion, hot peppers and red bell peppers out of the garden, it's the best!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad