The Flux Capacitator league sign-up thread (2015 start date, MANY TEAMS AVAIL.)

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If no trades are allowed during the first 3 simmed seasons, what happens when a team close to the cap ceilling has to re-sign a player for more than they were currently making, thus pushing them over the cap... which in most cases could be solved easily by a trade....

I agree to limit everything during the first 3 seasons, but maybe having one spot during the season(tdd?) or off-season where teams can trade players over a span of say 24-48 hours. then continue on with the sim.

That's tough. I dunno. You're talking a pure cap-dump trade?

It is something to consider. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect as many veterans are going to be resigned--it would actually add an element if there was a big crop of UFAs at the start.

Still, we don't want to keep people from resigning their young players. Perhaps we can allow trades during the resign period?

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
That's tough. I dunno. You're talking a pure cap-dump trade?

It is something to consider. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect as many veterans are going to be resigned--it would actually add an element if there was a big crop of UFAs at the start.

Still, we don't want to keep people from resigning their young players. Perhaps we can allow trades during the resign period?

I still think right before the draft is a good time. It takes into account quality prospects vs quantity, which is a big aspect to prospect management. Since this is a league focusing on prospects, the draft is the best time of year to make and moves!

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
This league isn't getting enough love on a prospects board! There's only like 15 signed up and maybe 5 confirmed in the league. Common people! It's going to be a wild ride here.

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
champs haven't added me yet...but yes, this will definately be worth doing, so hope some more will come around soon so that we can get this started :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad