The Flux Capacitator league sign-up thread (2015 start date, MANY TEAMS AVAIL.)

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Marty-doc-remote.jpg

Are you a sim and prospects fiend? This being the board it is, I know a lot of us are, well this is the league for you.

Flux Capacitator, a new XBox 360 league I just started up, hopes to give you a chance to see what players like Yakupov, Galchenyuk, MacKinnon, Monahan and the rest pan out to be (in EA's reality).

The concept here is simple, I will sim the first three seasons entirely, with GMs only making adjustments (signings, one trade of picks/prosects if needed, draft priorities) at the end of each season just prior to the draft.

This is a simple notion but it will have a big effect on the league. Teams like Edmonton should be much better right off the bat while a team like Detroit might be hindered. Players like Gomez will be shot to the moon (or somewhere) and Alffy will sadly be retired.

Once the seasons have been simmed we will begin playing in 2015, at which time the rules of this league will be similar to those of The Bluth Company and would rely heavily on active players.

Pardon me if this is long winded but it's an idea I'm excited about and was wondering if others would be up for joining such a venture? If so, state the team you want here along with your GT.

If there is an appetite for such a league we should be able to sim the first 3 seasons within a week and start playing in the future.

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Eastern Conference (of the future!)

medium.png
- Rangers- NYR x Matt
medium.png
- Penguins- Flamesfreak4 | Gamertag: hashtagBOOM
medium.png
- Flyers- Mclovinz1t | Gamertag: Mclovinz1t
medium.png
- Devils-
medium.png
- Islanders- noexult | Gamertag: noexult
================================================== ====================================
medium.png
- Bruins- MiLLw00d
medium.png
- Senators- Firefoxx | Gamertag: Firefoxx87
medium.png
- Sabres-
medium.png
- Maple Leafs- Funky fresh | Gamertag: zzfunkyfresh
medium.png
- Canadiens- CHamps | Gamertag: oftoronto
================================================== ====================================
medium.png
- Panthers- Jack de la Hoya | Gamertag: Jhoya82
medium.png
- Capitals- The Psychic Saw
medium.png
- Lightning-
medium.png
- Jets-
medium.png
- Hurricanes-

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Western Conference (of the future!)

medium.png
- Blues-
medium.png
- Predators-
medium.png
- Red Wings-
medium.png
- Blackhawks- ucicwgrl7303
medium.png
- Blue Jackets- capitalsrock | Gamertag: BRADENxHOLTBY
medium.png
- Canucks-
medium.png
- Flames-
medium.png
- Avalanche-
medium.png
- Wild- PhillyThunder | Gamertag: DutchFury21
medium.png
- Oilers- Chuckwoods
medium.png
- Coyotes- Avery SEC 405 | Gamertag: x Gen0cide x
medium.png
- Sharks-
medium.png
- Kings-
medium.png
- Dallas-
medium.png
- Ducks- jonyro84 | Gamertag: The Johnster84

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Marty-doc-remote.jpg

Are you a sim and prospects fiend? This being the board it is, I know a lot of us are, well this is the league for you.

Flux Capacitator, a new XBox 360 league I just started up, hopes to give you a chance to see what players like Yakupov, Galchenyuk, MacKinnon, Monahan and the rest pan out to be (in EA's reality).

The concept here is simple, I will sim the first three seasons entirely, with GMs only making adjustments (signings, a maximum of two trades, draft priorities) at three designated points of those seasons (beginning, the block prior to the trade deadline, and after the season, just prior to the draft).

This is a simple notion but it will have a big effect on the league. Teams like Edmonton should be much better right off the bat while a team like Detroit might be hindered. Players like Gomez will be shot to the moon (or somewhere) and Alffy will sadly be retired.

Once the seasons have been simmed we will begin playing in 2015, at which time the rules of this league will be similar to those of The Bluth Company and would rely heavily on active players.

Pardon me if this is long winded but it's an idea I'm excited about and was wondering if others would be up for joining such a venture?

If there is an appetite for such a league we should be able to sim the first 3 seasons within a week and start playing in the future.

1a. I like the idea.

1b. I want FLA. (GT: Jhoya82) Huberdeau, Mueller, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Markstrom, Ellerby. :yo:

2. Nevermind, I'm an idiot, you answered the question.

3. My only concern relates to the handling of the first three seasons? What's the goal of trades at that point--to get worse / pick up prospects, right? "Winning" doesn't count for much. That said, I think we almost need to go ahead and skip those steps, right? I think allowing GMs to resign players makes sense, but otherwise, shouldn't it be "hands-off" until 2015?

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
You're in as Florida.

And yes, it's largely hands off until 2015, but I'm hoping for some realism here and just like in real life some people might covet prospects/youngsters on other teams and dislike their own, so I'll give them an opportunity to trade. Could also be interesting for those teams who wish to dump some long term salary and those willing to pick up that salary for certain players.

Last edited:

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
Sounds very intriguing. So you plan to start playing the majority of the season in season 4?
If so I think you can sign me up as the jets. GT: Firefoxx87

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Jets are yours and that is correct, starting with 2015 we will be playing roughly 3/4 of the season and simming the remaining quarter, with a similar advance schedule and rules regarding playing and trades as The Bluth Company.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Very interesting!!!!!

Sign me up as: Edmonton

GT = lIl Voodoo lIl

Last edited:

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
The suspense is killing us. :laugh:

EDIT: I was going to say, I can't believe Edmonton is still on the board.

So you're saying, as a Leafs fan, you're not thrilled with the Leafs future, eh? :sarcasm:

Haha that is what I was struggling with... EDM or TOR.

Ultimately I decide EDM has a bit more prospect depth. But Toronto is no push over with Kessel, JVR, Gardiner and Reilly all being 4.5's

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
If it's alright with you, I'm going to be one of "those guys" and change my team because I'm an indecissive jerk lol. So from jets to sens please, gotta represent my boys.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
The concept here is simple, I will sim the first five seasons entirely, with GMs only making adjustments (signings, a maximum of two trades, draft priorities) at three designated points of those seasons (beginning, the block prior to the trade deadline, and after the season, just prior to the draft).

Wait, we're skipping to 2017 now?

I think that's too far. At that point, even some of the current prospects are going to have reached their peak, and pretty much all current NHL players over 26 will start to decline.

2015 provides the advantage of progressing prospects to the point they are useful, but still allowing time for additional development. That's the perfect combination, I think. Guys who are currently prospects will just be breaking in to the NHL. If we wait until 2017, a significant portion of the prospects will be figments of EA's imagination. That's fun as well, but I'd definitely vote for an earlier start.

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
added saw, changed foxx and went back to starting in 2015.

keep joining folks, the sooner it's full the sooner we can put in offers on free agents and sim until the deadline. once there we'll see who wants to sell/buy and sim to the end of the season.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
bump!

come on folks, still plenty of quality teams (talking about now or in 2015...) are still available!

also, to all who've joined here, don't forget to send requests in game, I've yet to receive a single one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad