Confirmed with Link: The Florida Panthers new AHL home will be in Charlotte

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Get used to pain, this may be a raw team full of young rookies, mixed with some older vets. Our AHL has been poop for a while but we are encouraged with how our new GM has been successful in AHL and won the 2016 Cup with the Monsters.

I think you're going to love Ludvig if you like old school type D.
Guy trains in a barn like Rocky, will fight and hit if need be and a pure leader on the ice, wore a C in Portland in WHL. He's a rookie but exploded offensively in his last junior year.

Densienko may start out in AHL so he will supply some serious skills, he plays wing and seems to prefer RW.
Really good skater and playmaker. He's a rookie.

Noel is a giant but coming off a down year. 6'5 and over 200lbs.
Decent wheels for a big man, playmaker but will go to the net for greasy garbage goals. He's a rookie and plays RW.

At C, Luostarinen will likely be a top 6 C and coaches seem to rave about his 2 way play. Offense may be limited but if he plays with high players, should be no problem to see him improve on his rookie season.

Just a couple of the better prospects.
Yep. I think our main prospects that will play on the main team are:

• Offense:
    • Top: Deni (Pronman ranked him as the 5th best prospect in hockey outside the NHL this season)
    • Previously top prospect: Heponiemi. Blew up the Finnish and WHL the two seasons before last, but struggled in NHL. Part of it might be trying to play both ways
    • Solid NHL Prospects: Luostarinen, Noel
    • On the fringe: Schwindt
  • Defense:
    • Good, but not great: Priskie (who you know and who might make it to the big club due to home roots), Keeper (amazing story and seems to be trending upwards. See this video: Video), Ludvig, Gildon (solid offensive defenseman that put up 29 pts in 34 games to lead UNH)
  • Goaltender:
    • Montembeault: A solid physical goal-tender, he was supposed to make the leap this year and didn't. I think he probably won't make the jump with this organization sadly.
Hopefully next season you will have the best goaltending prospect in hockey, Spencer Knight, backstopping you, which is exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad