The Flames have 5 point-per-game players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Giordano is going to DOUBLE his production from last year....at 35 years old
in case you're wondering what kind of year the team is having

Gio has been playing like this for past 5 years or so. Sure, past couple of years its been slower production but come on... its not like this is his first good year

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's a slight improvement from his pace under Hartley, which is coincident with the improvement of talent on the roster. The Gulutzan system and Dougie neutered his offence for two seasons.

Kind of a perfect storm for Gio. The best roster he's ever been on, with a partner and system that lets him attack.

People are forgetting this dude was over 60 point pace in back to back years, and lost that pace due to injury in two seasons.

Having to babysit Dougie, having a weaker roster and having Glen Gulutzan as a coach... hurt him for a few years big time.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
That’s not how the Norris works. A 10 point gap does not mean a player is rewarded such a prestigious trophy like this.

If they vote right, they are going to vote for the defenseman that is miles ahead better defensively and can also put up a decent amount of points too. Gio has exceeded both of those expectations. It would be an abomination if Burns wins it for merely putting up points.
If theres a huge point gap you can bet thats gonna swing the vote, whether you and i like it or not.

Aug 3, 2010
Gaudreau - 94 in 78
Monahan - 80 in 76
Lindholm - 78 in 78
M. Tkachuk - 76 in 78
Giordano - 73 in 76

Likely that the Flames end with 3 PPG players, and an outside chance of course at 4 or 5. No guarantees with 4 games to go. Team is looking for its 50th win (2 required) and Gaudreau to score 6 points for 100pts on the season.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
So you think that's a stupid argument when it's applied to your player?

I don't agree with people saying (to extreme) that without McDavid he would be an average player. Still takes hockey IQ and skill to mesh with elite talent (for longer than 10/20/30 games). If a player i.e Monahan can stick to Johnny for seasons... that means he is a good player himself. Similar to the Edm Duo.

Now in terms of McDavid vs Johnny... McDavid is clearly better. I just think overall Johnny is better than Draisatl. Personal opinion.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Having 5 ppg players isn't that important to me. What I'll be cheering for is having 4 players that have scored 80+ pts in the season.
Now THAT would be something. I think its possible. Two (Gaudreau & Monahan) have already crossed that barrier, and with 4 games left to play Lindholm is 2 pts short and Tkachuk is 4 pts short. Giordano at 73 pts doesn't have a chance.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Gaudreau - 96 points in 79 games
Monahan - 81 points in 77 games
Lindholm - 78 points in 79 games
Tkachuk - 77 points in 79 games
Giordano - 74 points in 77 games

Talk about a major jinx thread. Flames down to two point-per-game players. OP should be ashamed of himself.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Talk about a major jinx thread. Flames down to two point-per-game players. OP should be ashamed of himself.
I think he should be banned for life.

No, wait. Banning is too good for him. He should be made to stay here at HF so he has to live with his shame on a daily basis.

tenor (7).gif

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

the-rasta-masta

Jul 14, 2002
calgary
Visit site

Don't worry, we still play Edmonton.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Easily, Draisatl is good but not without McLottery. Johnny drives every line he's on. Draisatl is meh without his meal ticket

This has no debate...period

Let's not be silly here. I to think Gaudreau is a better player than Drai, but that doesnt mean he's meh without McDavid. That's some tier A hyperbole.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I'm surprised they played so poorly. I think it was Avs putting it together more than anything.
I have to agree with you here....I think we all badly underrated the Avs.....I think they simply make Calgary look inferior because they are a superior team....the Avs are going to have a very scary team for years to come...and you beat Calgary also without one of your best dman....very impressive!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I have to agree with you here....I think we all badly underrated the Avs.....I think they simply make Calgary look inferior because they are a superior team....the Avs are going to have a very scary team for years to come...and you beat Calgary also without one of your best dman....very impressive!

Flames aren't built for the playoffs. Too soft, too gutless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad