GDT: The First of July | The White Whale Has Been Hooked (Phil to the Pens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

Yeah, I'd be completely fine with being done adding anyone and just trimming the bad players. This offseason is a win unless we do something miraculously stupid.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Now is time to trim the fat. Only guy who has an inflated salary that I'd keep around is Dupuis. Kunitz, Sutter, and Scuderi need to be traded.
Yup. Scuds is a pure cap dump (if you're lucky), Kuny for futures, and only deal Sutter if you're getting something useful back in return.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
BTW, If we get Oshie, he would be Line 3 RW, per source. Replacing Dupuis/Kunitz.

Pens want to roll 4 scoring lines.

Also, Pens wouldn't be averse to playing Oshie on his off wing for Line 2.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
When people call him one of the worst GMs in the NHL based on his Whalers/Hurricanes tenure, I don't think they're getting it. Karmanos was the problem there. The fact that Rutherford was able to build a team that went to two Cup finals and one win there is semi-miraculous.

Agreed on that, too. It's difficult to construct a team where free agents don't want to play and how much you can spend changes every year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If you take away the Despres trade, JR has been nothing short of a God w/ the Pens. I could deal w/ the smaller deals like Winnik if he lands something brilliant like he did today.

That really did make up for the bad ones. Wow.

I've disliked JR's big deals to this point. There's Despres, Ehrhoff was redundant and a poor use of cap space, and Neal for Horny was a downgrade that hurt us last year in terms of goals. Perron was good.

But this move is such a huge net positive that the rest fades away. It makes the Neal trade palatable too, since we can ice a sniper on the PP again.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
BTW, If we get Oshie, he would be Line 3 RW, per source. Replacing Dupuis/Kunitz.

Dang, that would be nuts. Oshie on the third line? So much for no forward depth.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

Oh god. We're passing off line combos involving other teams' players as fact. Also, we don't have the money to "roll four scoring lines" so basically every word above is flimsy on a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
What ya got?

Pretty much nothing at the moment. Just mysterious rumblings from non TSN/Sportsnet/ESPN guys--Hope_Smoke to be exact.

Wondering and waiting to see if there's any legitimacy to it. Curious as to what it could involve.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I FULLY expect another huge deal today.

PGH and STL. Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad