Speculation: The firm organization of San Jose wants Carlyle now. What does that tell about us?

xeroy

Mar 31, 2015
Brampton
if the Sharks hire Carlyle, and if the Leafs ask for compensation, it should be a third round pick. (i don't get how the fired people work into this stupid compensation business)

but that's if the team asks of one.

So what's the harm in asking for a pick?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm okay with trading Carlyle for McLellan.

Both guys needed a change of scenery I think. Get Carlyle away from the trainwreck that is the Leafs, and hopefully give McLellan a stable of young, accepting minds to work with.

And Lupul, since trading him would probably be more trouble that it is worth. ;)

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
they only allowed 197. of course you've never argued that defense wins cups or anything like that.

14th best goal differential in the league. Only team in top-16 not to make the playoffs. It's usually a pretty good predictor of who will make the post-season.

Not surprised that we're only getting one side of the story, considering the source.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Seriously? You'd ask for compensation for a guy who is not working for you anymore? The Sharks will tell you to piss off and what are you going to do? Prevent Carlyle from getting a new job? Give me a break.

He's still under contract with the maple leafs and were still paying him his $$ even though he isn't working next year for us.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He's still under contract with the maple leafs and were still paying him his $$ even though he isn't working next year for us.

no. june 30th his contract is over. (the 2nd year was a club option which - obviously the Leafs won't be picking up) so he would have been free this year regardless

I don't think anyone will be asking for compensation. i think it's just now "out" there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad