Post-Game Talk: The Finnish Sieve lets in four god awful goals

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Would be great if a reporter asked Zach Kassian what his role is on this team after the game. Would love to hear his answer.
You’d think after how the Ottawa game ended and that we were playing the Flames he’d at least be a factor out there. Jesse Puljujarvi was 10x the physical presence that Kassian was last night.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It’s going to take a Mack truck to wake Nuge up. Playing some putrid hockey right now. He actually kind of beat a man along the boards one on one last night and I about fell off my chair. I’m all for demoting him down the lineup. Let the gravy rebound goals go to someone else who isn’t expecting a $7 million deal at the end of the season.

IIRC you're not a fan of putting Turris there instead, which is fair. Who would you replace Nuge with? Ennis?

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
You’d think after how the Ottawa game ended and that we were playing the Flames he’d at least be a factor out there. Jesse Puljujarvi was 10x the physical presence that Kassian was last night.

The league probably called him and told him they've got their eyes on him for this game and it scared him to the point he just floated all game. Meanwhile, Rat Boy over there was interfering and holding onto McD's stick all game with no repercussions.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A little shocked that Koskinen even needed a water bottle at his net yesterday, he wasn’t doing anything to require it

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I need more from Nuge. Made a great pass but blowing a lot of looks to score.

There are some obvious conclusions from tonight - goalie/D awful, but trying to find the underrated concerns.

I’ll take some heat for it but I think Nuge is the guy you have to trade. Get some good depth for him spend the money on improvements

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I caught the 1st period, McDavid scores 2-1...but I couldn't listen to Cassie's voice anymore without wanting to smash the screen so I went to bed (long day) lol wtf Oilers.

Reactions: TB12

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I caught the 1st period, McDavid scores 2-1...but I couldn't listen to Cassie's voice anymore without wanting to smash the screen so I went to bed (long day) lol wtf Oilers.
Don’t go to bed next time unless there’s someone waiting for you there. :naughty:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
We all new Tippet was a dinosaur in today's game, and the way this team is built right now the only way to win is shoot out type 7-5 games run and gun, and tippet doesn't have that style in him nor will he let them play like that

Reactions: Henkka

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
To my eye, a lot of the goals definitely weren't Kosko's fault. The problem is that also a lot of them were. That PP one timer went through him like a knife through butter.

oilfla.jpg

Reactions: MessierII

Oct 15, 2017
I was a fan of the players we got instead of spending for Markstrom.

I was wrong. It's the most glaring need ever now after that game. That should priority A,B and C

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad