The Final 33

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Last season 88 points would've got you the final wildcard spot, as the separation between 8th and 9th was 7 points. Probably will take more as the 5th through 12th placed in the west are only separated by 5 points. If a couple of those teams get very hot and start beating the other teams we're chasing, then we can hope that separation occurs between the 8th and 9th place teams. Still, 24-9 gets us 95 points. 20 games left against the Pacific Division.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just want the team to give a shit
Based on everything I have seen I expect the team to go 13-15-5 for the rest of the season and one more of our good guys to get injured at some point. Bad enough to definitely miss playoffs but good enough that Chia and Todd are given another whole season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I bet we will actually play at a playoff pace the rest of the season. Also, refs seem to call less as the season goes on, which could favor us since our special teams are awful

The problem is that a playoff pace isn't enough. We'd pretty much have to be the best team in the league for these last games in order to make it. It can be done. It will be rough because it's not like we could justify upgrading the team with rentals, and rentals are all that would be available now.

So we're looking at a team that has to dig down and find a way to win, but without any help. That's always a tricky thing, because really, if they can do it now why couldn't they do it twenty games ago?

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
This is a bit different than seeing the usual hoping some players bounce back and stuff like that but this has to do with specifically McLellan. I would like to see some better lineup decisions from him and his management of the game improve. His lineup decisions right now seem quite questionable at the moment. Like playing Draisaitl on the wing instead of centre even though Drai has played well at centre and the team seems better for it. His handling of Pulu has been a bit odd and frustrating at times. Playing Benning and Klefbom together even though they have been an absolute disaster together. He is not making the lineup decisions to get the most out of this lineup and it is frustrating to see. It seems that we will be keeping him as our coach going into the season next year I really want to see some changes in his lineup decisions/management.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Last season 88 points would've got you the final wildcard spot, as the separation between 8th and 9th was 7 points. Probably will take more as the 5th through 12th placed in the west are only separated by 5 points. If a couple of those teams get very hot and start beating the other teams we're chasing, then we can hope that separation occurs between the 8th and 9th place teams. Still, 24-9 gets us 95 points. 20 games left against the Pacific Division.

Whoops. Only 17 games against the Pacific. Thought Colorado was still in our division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad