The Farce that is Keith Yandle's "Iron Man Streak"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
He's soft. I heard Yandle prefers taking escalators instead of the stairs.
I heard he listens to One Direction to pump himself up in the locker room.
I also heard that he still says "excuse me" after he farts when theres no one around. Soft ass considerate mfer. Take his iron man streak away.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
The comment I will make about Yandle is several years ago I really liked him as I picked him up in my fantasy league and he was cranking out big points for me. I made a point of watching him play though and I think he's one of the worst dmen in the league. I know I wouldn't want him on my team that's for sure.

Kessel is the softest player in history in respect to "Iron Man" streaks though.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I stopped reading because it's dumb. Yandle has played over 19,000 minutes (317 full NHL games) and 900 shots have hit his body since the last time he missed a game. I don't care if he never absorbed a hit, playing 800+ games without getting hurt is amazing. You do understand that taking a hit isn't even the most common cause for injury right? Way more guys miss games because of muscle or joint injuries that don't involve much contact at all. Hell, a lot of injuries don't even happen during games, they tweak something in practice. The guy hasn't even gotten sick enough to miss a game in a decade.

He´s so iron he even played 84 games in 2014-2015. He´s so healthy he plays more games than there are in a season!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
All modern NHL iron man streaks are a joke. Steve Larmer played 10 seasons without missing a game in a league where none of the current iron men would last a month.

Reactions: BlueBaron

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Can someone just take Yandle? Have him for free, I don't care. The guy is THE bottom of the league defensively!
Because of Dallas having co-co issues, the Panthers don't start until the 17th. Work something out before then to keep his streak intact, it doesn't matter. I just want him gone!
:soap:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Your well-worded diatribe in OP has stuck in my mind ever since you first posted it back in February 2020. Couldn't take Yandle and his "ironman streak" seriously afterwards.

I suppose Kessel really deserves it this upcoming fall.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Neo Tolstoy

Feb 5, 2022
I want to be the true Iron Man so I should take a bunch of hits to prove myself to some guy.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I have no real negative opinions on his or other ironman streaks, because it takes a lot to play so many games in a row even while not being a physical player.

What annoys me are comments (on other social media) calling Philadelphia classless for scratching him for a game. Playing good enough to be in the starting lineup is part of an ironman streak. You aren't entitled to a spot just because you've played a lot of games.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
When I hear about iron man streaks, it makes me wonder how many times these players actually hurt their team by playing. If the answer is zero, then I’m all for the iron man streak. If the answer is >0, it’s a selfish streak.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Marleau was embarrassing as well. His last season with the Leafs it was apparent he wasn't good enough to play in the ECHL, much less the NHL.
This seems a bit harsh for a player who played two more NHL seasons and was even traded for at the deadline. He did get 37point in his 82 games that year which is decent 3rd line stuff. Getting him was a huge blunder but if he'd have been 800k he would have retired a Leaf instead of a Shark. Though I don't imagine he would have ever left them if money wasn't a factor.

Personally I don't think it's a wise thing to fuss about. Players already have too much incentive to play hurt and risk their long term health. If we want to get real it is basically the "Who can play hurt until they can't anymore" award. I think it sends the wrong signal.

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad