(the expected) "Soooo now what are the lines?" thread.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'd like to see Bergy play with Lucic or at least Iggy, he needs more protection. Teams have to know that if you take liberties with Bergy your gonna have to answer to Lucic. Bergy needs to go through a few seasons without any concussion issues and Lucic would be just the guy to watch his back. I'd like to see Claude mix it up a bit more rather than run four lines that are set in stone with no regard to if they're producing or not. Throw a kid in here and there .
I don't want to question his abilities just want to see what you see on almost every other team,mixing things up when things aren't working.

Just like he was able to prevent Horton from getting concussed?

SAVEBYTHOMAS

Sep 28, 2006
boston
I think if Spooner has an overwhelmingly positive camp, you can start him out at center with Soderberg and Kelly on the wings. Although ideally I think you'd rather have Kelly centering, but if Spooner deserves a spot on the team you find a way.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lucic-Krejci-Iginla

Machand-Bergeron-Loui

Paille-Spooner/Kelly-Knight

Smith-Campbell-Thornton/Fraser

Soderberg returns to Sweden homesick

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I think if Spooner has an overwhelmingly positive camp, you can start him out at center with Soderberg and Kelly on the wings. Although ideally I think you'd rather have Kelly centering, but if Spooner deserves a spot on the team you find a way.

Spooner needs to go centre to get his true talents noticed .. So yes push Kelly to wing or drop him to 4th line and put Campbell LW

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd like to see Bergy play with Lucic or at least Iggy, he needs more protection. Teams have to know that if you take liberties with Bergy your gonna have to answer to Lucic. Bergy needs to go through a few seasons without any concussion issues and Lucic would be just the guy to watch his back.
I'd like to see Claude mix it up a bit more rather than run four lines that are set in stone with no regard to if they're producing or not. Throw a kid in here and there .
I don't want to question his abilities just want to see what you see on almost every other team,mixing things up when things aren't working.

Fail logic is fail.

Having a tough guy has not stopped players from getting hurt, concussed, cheap shotted, etc etc. What it's best for is pro-active aggression, momentum swings, intimidation, and retribution when applicable. You're fooling yourself if you think a tough guy/enforcer is an effective deterrent against cheap shots in today's game.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Just a little FYI: Iginla has said he would like to play more than one year here and not spend the latter part of his career as a journeyman/mercenary.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Just a little FYI: Iginla has said he would like to play more than one year here and not spend the latter part of his career as a journeyman/mercenary.

If that's his actual opinion and not just lip service then he probably already mentioned this to Chia. If so, there's probably an unwritten "deal" between the two where Chia said "If you fit in here, we'll absolutely sign you"

I mean, I guess that's the "unwritten" or unspoken deal that every UFA gets, heh.. "play well and we'll make you an offer"

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lucic-Krejci-Iginla

Machand-Bergeron-Loui

Paille-Spooner/Kelly-Knight

Smith-Campbell-Thornton/Fraser

Soderberg returns to Sweden homesick

Pretty sure he burned all the bridges and then burned the ashes with any ties he had with Sweden Hockey at all.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Fail logic is fail.

Having a tough guy has not stopped players from getting hurt, concussed, cheap shotted, etc etc. What it's best for is pro-active aggression, momentum swings, intimidation, and retribution when applicable. You're fooling yourself if you think a tough guy/enforcer is an effective deterrent against cheap shots in today's game.

Yeah I get that it's not bullet proof , but I think playing on a line with somebody like Looch will have some affect. It may not work right away but if we can establish that every time it happens someone 's bell gets rung it could at least better his chances.

A player like Bergy who has had several concussions needs some kind of protection ,he's not gonna get it from Marchand and if he plays with Loui on the RW then it's open season on Bergy.

I worry a lot about Bergy. I fear for an early end to the career of one of best players ever to wear a spoked B. When he was concussed the last time, it was scary to see how little is needed and how easily it can happen.

Lastly what do you base your claims on ,can you give an example when it's been tried and failed? I remember it working very well for Gretzky.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Yeah I get that it's not bullet proof , but I think playing on a line with somebody like Looch will have some affect. It may not work right away but if we can establish that every time it happens someone 's bell gets rung it could at least better his chances.

A player like Bergy who has had several concussions needs some kind of protection ,he's not gonna get it from Marchand and if he plays with Loui on the RW then it's open season on Bergy.

I worry a lot about Bergy. I fear for an early end to the career of one of best players ever to wear a spoked B. When he was concussed the last time, it was scary to see how little is needed and how easily it can happen.

Lastly what do you base your claims on ,can you give an example when it's been tried and failed? I remember it working very well for Gretzky.
gretzky had semenko and that was before the instigator rule...times have changed friend

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Lucic was on the ice when Savard got nailed by Cooke. Lucic was on the ice when Krejci was cleaned out by Oshie, which resulted in a concussion. Lucic was on the ice when Horton was run over with a late hit by Rome.

Chara and Thornton were on the ice when Savard got hit by Hunwick, which ended Savard's career. Chara was on the ice when Boychuk was run at by Neil in one of the most violent on-ice collisions I've ever seen.

Those are just recent examples of three of the toughest and most intimidating guys in the league being on the ice when another player gets run at.

Look at the concussion Bergeron suffered this year. Are you trying to tell me having Lucic on that line would have prevented that from happening? It was a totally accidental looking hockey play.

Bergeron has had Seguin and Marchand as his wings for a couple of years now. And he's only suffered that one concussion from last year, which if you watch the reply, nobody was taking a run at him and it was just an unfortunate accident. Why would he all of a sudden be getting run with Eriksson as his winger instead of Seguin?

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Lucic was on the ice when Savard got nailed by Cooke. Lucic was on the ice when Krejci was cleaned out by Oshie, which resulted in a concussion. Lucic was on the ice when Horton was run over with a late hit by Rome.

Chara and Thornton were on the ice when Savard got hit by Hunwick, which ended Savard's career. Chara was on the ice when Boychuk was run at by Neil in one of the most violent on-ice collisions I've ever seen.

Don't forget: Lucic was on the ice when Krejci got destroyed by the glass.

MTBruinsfan

Apr 4, 2008
Move Kelly then trade for Sobotka

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Soderberg-Bergeron-Eriksson
Marchand-Sobotka-Knight
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Caron

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I don't think it's about hate, it's just that he clearly lost a step last year and probably lost another in the off season. He's an aging player who is not always needed and someone with fresher legs and a better skill set would be more appropriate against some teams.

When Thornton plays with Campbell and Paille,he can be effective, without those two he is clearly a liability.Unfortunately,he provides a unique skill set(ability to fight)that every team needs,so we probably need him for another year.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Move Kelly then trade for Sobotka

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Soderberg-Bergeron-Eriksson
Marchand-Sobotka-Knight
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Caron

Soderberg ahead of Marchand on line 2???? I. can't understand how fans just want to gift wrap a top 6 spot for Soderberg without him having to put in his time(like Marchand did)and work his way up.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Those are just recent examples of three of the toughest and most intimidating guys in the league being on the ice when another player gets run at.

Look at the concussion Bergeron suffered this year. Are you trying to tell me having Lucic on that line would have prevented that from happening? It was a totally accidental looking hockey play.

Bergeron has had Seguin and Marchand as his wings for a couple of years now. And he's only suffered that one concussion from last year, which if you watch the reply, nobody was taking a run at him and it was just an unfortunate accident. Why would he all of a sudden be getting run with Eriksson as his winger instead of Seguin?

Like I said before it's not bullet proof.

Hunwick's hit on Savard was hardly a dirty hit,it was just a hit on a player who had a concussion history, that went bad.There was no score to settle there.

On the Cooke/Savard hit, what was missing there was someone fixing Cooke's problem.Yes Lucic was there,but it was Ryder who went to Cooke and gave him a little shove,nobody fixed it. Thorton had a go with him the next time the two teams met but that wasn't much of a fight,looked like just going through the motions to me .

As for Bergy, well his concussion was not the result of a dirty hit ,just a routine play gone bad. Who are you gonna hold acountable? But that's not the kind of thing you can protect a player from,it's not a dirty hit and it's not what I'm talking about at all. It does however,underline how easy it would be to end Bergy's career.Bergy also had a concussion the year before when Giroux hit him in the playoffs. That too, was not a dirty hit, so that's two in two years.We signed this player for eight years,I hope he holds out that long, but I think the odds are pretty slim. I'd like to see someone like Lucic go ape **** on anyone who even thinks about taking a run a Bergy,I mean a real ass whopping.Besides I don't see why we can't mix up the lines a little,every team does it,we gotta be the only team in the league who's lines are set in stone. It takes an injury for anything to change and even then , it's direct replacement rather than a shuffle,it get's boring.

As for he Horton hit,again what did Lucic do? Nothing is what, he when over to Horton to see if he was Ok instead of beating the snot out of Rome. As good a fighter as he is ,most of his fights are personal BS rather than him standing up for a team mate, I'd like to see more of that from him.

Chara maybe tough and he's probably the strongest player in the league but he can't fight for ****,he loses his balance almost every fight.

Last edited:

MTBruinsfan

Apr 4, 2008
Soderberg ahead of Marchand on line 2???? I. can't understand how fans just want to gift wrap a top 6 spot for Soderberg without him having to put in his time(like Marchand did)and work his way up.

I think that Marchand-Sobatka-Knight would create a great line for us that other teams would hate to play against. Plus they would be a blast to watch and it would still leave us with a great second line. Really doesn't matter though as it is only a small pipe dream :)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
anyone see the insane comment Fluto made in the Sunday Globe notes column about the third line:amazed: I think its time for Amalie

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
anyone see the insane comment Fluto made in the Sunday Globe notes column about the third line:amazed: I think its time for Amalie

Can you quote it here? I can't get access to the Sunday notes column as a non-subscriber.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00