The evolution of Brent Burns

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Think the Wild regret letting him go??
Coyle is only 24, he is playing well and has gotten better every season. The Wild have a phenomenal defensive core without Burns, they have given up the fewest goals of any team in the league this season. I liked him as a player so I kind of miss him on the team but they are fine without him. If we still had Burns there would probably not be cap room for Suter and I would rather have Suter. Suter is a better defenceman than Burns straight up.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I mean, they've built a decent squad up to this point, but Seto was just a flop, but Coyle ended up having a decent bottom 6 career.

Uh... Coyle is anything but a bottom-sixer. On a 60-point pace this season. I'd call him a very solid second-liner at worst.

As for the question of whether we regret not keeping him... yes and no. We wouldn't have Suter/Parise if we signed Burns to big bucks. Debatable which scenario would have been better, since Suter has been fantastic. Would he have turned into this type of player under Mike Yeo? I'm not so sure about that. Glad to see him having success.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
UD8iKFUitxwHe.gif

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You obviously are a know nothing about Coyle, so why don't you just say nothing?

yeah I've never understood the need to give an opinion when its so blatantly obvious that you have no clue. Coyle is a quality top line player at this stage in his career. I think the trade worked out well for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad