The evolution of Brandon Carlo

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Carlo is fantastic. I'd like to see a little more offense and less of the bambi act but there is no denying the huge leap forward in his own zone. He has the lowest GA/60 of any D in the league this year. Pretty impressive. He also had the lowest GF/60, making him the league's most boring player haha. Krug is so flashy and gambles so much that it really helps to have someone shutting down the right side.

He's going to be more expensive than I want him to be in June.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
IMO he's a guy who can fit in the #4 spot if you have the right #3. In an ideal world he'd be on the bottom pair when the team is healthy, and be a guy who can move up if needed. If I'm comparing him to a Jets D-man the closest comparable is Ben Chiarot.

This is just not at all correct. As a rookie he played on the top pair....

A few Leafs fans trying to say Dermott > Carlo probably want to take that back around now.

Carlo in his first playoff series had a heck of a showing.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
This is just not at all correct. As a rookie he played on the top pair....

A few Leafs fans trying to say Dermott > Carlo probably want to take that back around now.

Carlo in his first playoff series had a heck of a showing.

oh i remember.... Dermott is still a bottom pairing Offensive Defensemen IMO.
I'm not even sure he would make the Bruins lineup. He would be the bruins be 8th/9th depth defensemen and with Vaakaneinen/Andersson/coming up soon he would probably have slim to none chance to make the team.

Carlo has evolved into a 1st pairing shut down Defensemen :D

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
The Oilers were going to take him 33rd overall in 2015 if they hadn't made *that* trade with the Islanders.

JTbmXc6.gif
He even looks like McDavid.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He’s a Bruin I’m so glad I’m eating crow on. I thought he was big, and smart but insanely soft, and he’s started to develop an edge that I like.

I think he was the Bruins best d-man in the series against the Leafs. He was unfortunately injured at the end of the season in the last two playoffs, so I’m glad he was in this one.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
He's a lot better than I thought. Fit's in very nicely with Krug. Not a lot of offence there though, not that it matters as he's really good defensively.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
With the sweep, I watched all the rest of the games in BOS/TOR. Looked like a RH Adam Pelech without the pattern baldness who (also) kept a top center in check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad