The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
**** that was an intense 90 for promotion, playoff places and relegation.

Probably for the best that Watford don't go up, their embargo doesn't get lifted until something like 1st September, and with all their loan guys they could start the Premier season with something like 14 squad players.

Hull: good for them but they'll come straight back down.

I'd vote for Brighton to win the playoffs but it really could be anyone at this point.

I'm bored witless by these mistruths. The embargo doesn't mean we cannot sign players. We can. The paperwork just needs to be vetted by the FL.

And as for the loans. The Pozzo family own Udinese, Granada and us. If they want to send us a player like Jadson or Fabbrini or whomsoever it is next season they'll sell him to us at a knockdown price thereby circumventing any restrictions on loans.

And we are still developing our own Academy and players.

We played some super football this season and we have only ourselves to blame for not going up with silly errors throughout the season, losing leads and conceding some really sloppy goals as today.

Dreadfully unlucky with the injuries and we have been denied as today our rightful share of penalties. Dull City are a terrible team and I have no doubt will be relegated forthwith. Cardiff may fare better but also have enormous debts to contend with still despite the riches of the PL.

Even if we don't go up this season we'll be better placed next season with a full pre-season behind us and even more reinforcements and a manager in Zola with another seasons experience.

If Chalobah disappears then we'll probably bring in Ake along with Musonda and have our own talent like Mensah and Hoban.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
well forest failed on the last day.

Amazing back and forth game though either team could have won, and it was nice to see some class from our fans applauding leicester off after the game.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
looks like Brentford vs. Yeovil in the League 1 playoff, the winner goes to the Championship. Brentford absolutely outplaying Swindon at the moment, don't see there being any shock

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Brentford v Yeovil
Bradford v Northampton

Hope Yeovil and Bradford go up. Would be amazing for Yeovil's finances.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
I'm glad I get to watch the Playoff Promotion Final without worrying about which of the two teams Newcastle will face in the Championship.

I love watching that game.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
What that video doesn't show is the outrageous dive of Knockaert's to win that penalty. If he'd been hacked down I'd have sympathy for him, but... none.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
What that video doesn't show is the outrageous dive of Knockaert's to win that penalty. If he'd been hacked down I'd have sympathy for him, but... none.

The character of the player is signified by the fact that when Watford celebrate he's still in Watford's penalty area without having moved a yard since his saved attempt off the rebound.

Not saying he could have stopped that attack tracking back, but you're a professional player and it's a key situation, at least make an effort.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Halifax FC who went bust ages ago were reformed and that team is now in the Conference National, one step below the Football League. At the same time Chester City are there as well. Could see two returning teams.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
that was beautiful.

karma at it's finest.

I especially enjoyed it since Leicester fans were singing are you watching Nottingham during that game, and after they beat us in the last game of the season they were singing 'we're going to wembley'.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
One of my best friends is a Leicester fan (his dad grew up there). This friend is in Japan at the moment, so I haven't been able to speak with him; I wonder if he's even seen the result... he'll be devastated.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
cheering for Watford, don't know how much Palace can do in the EPL losing Zaha and probably not having that big of a spending budget

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Zaha scores 2 to send Palace to the play-off final.

Wanted Brighton to win :(

Don't worry, Brighton will get a chance to beat an EPL side in January when they get the home draw against vs Newcastle to complete the hattrick.

I'd take Poyet at Newcastle as he seems to know how to get the best out of his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad