The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
West Brom promote despite failing to win their last four games, Brentford got poor results when it mattered most

Cardiff with an easy win and move up to 5th and will play Fulham, the big news is Swansea jumping over Forest who fell two spots on the final day (Swansea better GD), Swansea play Brentford, Forest were hammered at home by Stoke and really fell apart last few weeks

At the bottom, Hull and Charlton go down meekly, Barnsley did the unthinkable and won their final two matches against Forest and Brentford, the question is that final spot which should be decided later today, if the -12 point deduction is confirmed Wigan go down, if the appeal is successful then Barnsley's good work is for nothing, credit to Luton for their late surge to stay up

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Playoff fixtures already out

7/26: Swansea vs. Brentford
7/29: Brentford vs. Swansea

7/27: Cardiff vs. Fulham
7/30: Fulham vs. Cardiff

Final on August 4

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Do you dislike them?

If you do, I would propose a far crueller fate - an eternity of alternating between seasons where they are relegated, followed by seasons where they suffer the fate they did today.
I am furious. They could have gone up automatically but they HAD to lose to f***ing Charlton. They can go eat shit.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I got home late and watched the highlight packs on DAZN. Just an incredible final day in the championship...it is truly the most competitive league in the world..

I am happy for Leeds and Brom...Brom backed in and were fortunate but Brentford....oh my are they going to have a tough week trying to pick themselves up off the deck. Now having to face a rolling Swansea who are playing with house money after Forest completely capitulated.

Should be some super tense semi finals.

Bowyer "led" Charlton into the gutter and Barnsley came from nowhere with some great leadership. Unfortunately they must wait to see the appeal which is really crappy. crappy for all involved as Wigan do not deserve a 12 point deduction.

What a league..

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is the league going to dock itself 12 points for allowing con artists to buy Wigan in the first place? I mean Christ: At least the Rigas crooks didn't buy the Sabres with the sole intent of destroying us like what happened with Wigan.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Scoreless first half between Swansea and Brentford, something of a snoozefest considering the teams involved but Swansea had two good chances with Brewster, once hitting the post. Mick McCarthy on the Sky commentary is your typical negative commentator, absolutely hated Frank using a tactics board during the drink break :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad