The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Apart from 1919-1964, when they won zero major trophies, were relegated from the top flight four times, and only broke 30,000 average crowds for the season twice.

That said, a Bielsa team and a full, noisy Elland Road will be major assets to the EPL.

Oh God yes. They were absolutely horrible. Like something out of the Pittsburgh Steelers book where it's as if their history started in the 1960's (70's in the Steelers case) I suppose my comment ought to have reflected that. I guess it really just boils down to that Leeds is in the same boat as Aston Villa. They're the big team in huge cities. So that means they'll have enough budget to sustain their indefinite residence in the EPL -even if it is a mediocre one. In perspective that IS a big deal when you consider all the average English team has to say is "We finished in 12th place in Division 1 once in 1987. Go League 2 team!" Leeds at least have a little bit of silverware and can say they were actually successful at a major level in their spells of success.

I don't know what is worse. That they shot themselves in the head and then picked up the gun and did it again when they got bitch slapped down the pyramid and as far as 100 million in debt or that they've been so grossly incompetent since then that it's taken 16 years to get back.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Huddersfield guarantees their safety while Leeds will return to the Prem. Brentford now only need 4 points out of 6 to confirm their spot in the Premiership

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Please don't take Ben White from Brighton! Please and thank you!

I think they'd prioritize keeping Jack Harrison over him. But I could be wrong because surely Citeh be like: "Our bench is only good enough to win 16 EPL games on its own and we're not sure how often we're even gonna use him.... We'll give him to you for 19.5 million instead of 20 million like last time because we're feeling generous"

If they could get their loans for Harrison and Nketiah to become permanent contracts, it would go at least some way into making sure they don't get relegated again.

Reactions: robertmac43

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Nketiah already left Leeds because he wasn't getting game time, he isnt going back to Elland Road.

Reactions: Cassano

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
The Costa deal was always going to become permanent this summer, that was one of the loan stipulations with Wolves.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Devastating loss for West Brom. Can't believe they bottled automatic promotion...

Need massive help from Stoke tomorrow. Ugh...

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I think they'd prioritize keeping Jack Harrison over him. But I could be wrong because surely Citeh be like: "Our bench is only good enough to win 16 EPL games on its own and we're not sure how often we're even gonna use him.... We'll give him to you for 19.5 million instead of 20 million like last time because we're feeling generous"

If they could get their loans for Harrison and Nketiah to become permanent contracts, it would go at least some way into making sure they don't get relegated again.

They'd prioritise keeping White, he has potential to play for England while Harrison probably doesn't. Brighton will want to keep and play White though.

Phillips will probably get called up for England soon, not much depth at DM. It'll be fun having Leeds back, missed the United/Leeds games. Brentford are good to watch too. Think they're moving into a new stadium next season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bielsa effect.
In the 5 years before he came they were mostly between 13th and 15th.
Almost promoted last year and promoted this year.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wow, Brentford fail to capitalize on West Brom's loss yesterday and themselves lose to Stoke, who are now mathematically safe; WBA play QPR at home Wednesday while Brentford will play probably relegated Barnsley at home, West Brom need a win or match Brentford's result, Brentford can only go up if WBA drop points

In the other early game massive late goal for Charlton to earn a point against Wigan, Charlton three points clear of Hull and Luton but their GD is vastly superior to both. Wigan at this point continue to rack up points, at the moment the potential -12 point deduction won't affect their safety

The big match later today is Luton-Hull, loser is all but relegated, draw is not good for either

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
West Brom benefiting from a rainy night in Stoke

As much as I like Bilic, he unfortunately has had history of not winning games when it counts with the exception of that playoff against Turkey in Euro 2012. Might be harsh to say but following his career its still no given for WBA :oops:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow, Brentford may have just let West Brom off the hook.

Thanks Stoke :laugh:

I almost tagged you in a " It's not a bottle job for the Baggies YET. Rainy day in Stoke ya know?" Good thing I didn't. I might've jinxed it lol

It just occurred to me there is the most microscopic of chances that Fulham get automatically promoted. If they win their last game but both the Bees and Baggies don't -both teams will have to go through the playoff while Fulham gets an automatic promotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad