The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bielsa has the full authority to do what he wants at Leeds. And to be honest, few teams play better football right now, at any level.
The EPL will be MUCH more interesting with his team putting on a show every weekend.
He tends to warm out his welcome quick.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Only when he feels he isn't listenned to.

Bielsa is the most creative coach. His values are top notch but he doesn't suffer any contradiction towards these values. If he feels the club (and pro football is filled with lack of ethics) doesn't respect his values and ethics, he leaves.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Portsmouth extended all their players with expiring contacts through the playoff.

Was concerned in particular about Burgess, as he's moving to a Belgian club and wasn't sure he'd be able to play.

Full strength for the playoff... Let's see if Pompey can win a game for the first time in their history.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Brentford beat the Baggies to inch closer to the automatic promotion spots, I think it may be too little too late though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brentford beat the Baggies to inch closer to the automatic promotion spots, I think it may be too little too late though.
I'm hoping West Brom loses out on their automatic spot. I have nothing against them I just want the teams coming up that have either been gone from the top flight for a while, or in the case of Brentford, would be making their debut in the Premier League.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Brentford and Fulham have both won today, Leeds is currently scoreless

Leeds draw with the worst team in the league.
4 point lead on West Brom but have played one more game. 6 point lead on Brentford with no games difference

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Wigan go into administration, and will have a battle to stay in the Championship. Basically have to be 13 points ahead of the bottom 3, currently they are only 9 I think.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Wigan go into administration, and will have a battle to stay in the Championship. Basically have to be 13 points ahead of the bottom 3, currently they are only 9 I think.

As a Portsmouth supporter, I feel for them. It's not fun worrying about whether your club will still exist. Hope they come though it okay.

I'm incredibly grateful Pompey were bought by the Eisners, and that they're running the club conservatively and responsibly.

League 1 playoffs start on Friday! Really looking forward to watching my team again.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Maybe Sheffield Wednesday should change tgeir name to Sheffield Thursday.

Apparently some of their players haven't been paid in full this month, and the EFL has laid a misconduct charge against them regarding the sale of their stadium to their owner - allegedly this raises issues under 'sustainability and fairness' rules. The worst case scenario if the charge sticks is a points deduction.

In that event, a more appropriate name might be Sheffield Doomsday.

Reactions: BKIslandersFan

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Yea, the timing never made sense. 2 weeks after buying Wigan and then you turn the taps off, money-wise? Nevermind, that they were almost assured of not being relegated given they have a 7 point cushion currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad