Post-Game Talk: The End in the End (Flames def. Canucks 6-2 (Horvat, Miller))

Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Now of course you can trade anyone for the proper price but it’s not something you actively look to do with a player his caliber and age given the blueline is the weakest part of the team.

I agree with this - would only look to make the trade if the return were very strong and addressed our other needs (high potential young RW for our second line, more rounded young two-way RHD, etc.)

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
This whole situation is akin to being a cigarette smoker. I'm not going to shit on someone who quits smoking or finds a healthier alternative. Maybe you don't like it because it reminds you that you are still a smoker?
Bizarre analogy.

It's more akin to quitting your family restaurant to join the shiny new one across the street.

Reactions: Nomobo

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Bizarre analogy.

It's more akin to quitting your family restaurant to join the shiny new one across the street.
Agree to disagree because I don't consider a billion dollar organization as my "family" restaurant.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Agree to disagree because I don't consider a billion dollar organization as my "family" restaurant.
Oh god, this shtick. People feel an odd attachment to their sports teams, it is what it is.

Or they don't and they "change" them on a whim. I guess it depends on the person.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I didn't even realize there was a game today, the last game of the season. My interest in the team had really drop to nil (or as close to it as it can get).
Could be the last game of Edler and Miller in a Canucks jersey and I don't even feel a thing for missing it. Strange.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Oh god, this shtick. People feel an odd attachment to their sports teams, it is what it is.

Or they don't and they "change" them on a whim. I guess it depends on the person.
OK fine but then why quote someone when they say they are leaving? Just assume they are a different person and let them be them. Not sure where "schtick" comes from but whatever.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
OK fine but then why quote someone when they say they are leaving? Just assume they are a different person and let them be them. Not sure where "schtick" comes from but whatever.
You're acting like I attacked him or something when I simply stated that I thought he'd be back. That's it. His reply explained his viewpoint and we parted ways.

The shtick I was referring to refers to people bringing up that it's a "billion dollar franchise" when a fan has an attachment to it.

Anyways, we're probably derailing the thread.

Reactions: RussianRacket

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Best that Rathbone has looked thus far. Made some rookie errors on D, but also some good plays. Offensively he was just flying and was unfortunate to not score.

Glad we had Holtby in net, because with Demko this was a very winnable game. Calgary draft odds got worse, and ours better.

Reactions: Indiana

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
I'll always be a Canucks fan, but I can't keep taking this team seriously with this bungling leadership. I'd imagine I'll still be around on here, but I certainly won't be giving as many shits as I used to. Benning MUST go for there to be any chance of success, and Aquilini will have to be bound and gagged to keep his greasy fingers out of affairs he has no idea about. BLEAK TIMES, gang.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Its happened numerous times over the years ..people making a stink about giving up their season tickets, not buying merchandise, or switching allegiance to another team....nobody really cares..Just go.

Happy trails.
Yup. If anything, I'll probably go to a couple more games next season than I usually would. I really miss going to Canucks games.

I also may or may not have recently bought my son a Canucks jersey for his birthday... :)

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Oh please. I have said multiple times I believe Benning should be fired. Please speak more respectfully.
Start to respect the opinion of others and stop judging people who are pissed because we have a horredous management group. Also, don't try to make other people on this forum stupid. You say you want Benning fired and you try to defend him every second? Something doesn't add up.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Its happened numerous times over the years ..people making a stink about giving up their season tickets, not buying merchandise, or switching allegiance to another team....nobody really cares..Just go.

Happy trails.

Give it a rest to being the fan police FFS.

Fans vent. That is what fans do.

With the shit show that this organization is and the disappointment at the continued ineptitude it is beyond justified.

Really not your place to decide who are fans and who are not. I can guarantee you some of us have been following this challenging team far longer than you

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Start to respect the opinion of others and stop judging people who are pissed because we have a horredous management group. Also, don't try to make other people on this forum stupid. You say you want Benning fired and you try to defend him every second? Something doesn't add up.
I respect all opinions my friend, we are all Canucks fans, and ultimately we all want the same thing.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad