GDT: The Edmonton Oilers at Ottawa Senators [] 6PM [] TSN5/TVAS [] Holy Chow! Forsberg! What's up Doc Edition

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This site is slower than dialup
Sure was. I remember downloading a document via dialup. I went out for drinks and dinner while it was doing its thing.

Lmao Bath and Chychrun making the EXACT same play from their previous goal.

I love it.
I want to keep Chychrun; Chabot, Zub and Sanderson too. It's the other two D that I would like to replace with bigger, tougher players. Perhaps we can get one in UFA and Kleven has progressed.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Pretty safe to assume this current lineup as is will never be able to be a cup contender, better goaltending or not.
We are down two top Fs (Norris and Tarasenko). Plus replacing Kubalik with a hockey player should help the 4th line. :)

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
"I'm just Ken..."

wh4zadtpheqc1.jpeg

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Parker Kelly, the Zack Hymen of the Ottawa Senators on that play
Parker plays a solid 200 foot game! He lacks shooting and creative offensive ability but he works hard and can do the job without the puck. He does the PK too. WE should keep him around as he is doing his 4th line job and more. A bargain at his salary.

Reactions: SanderSen

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Parker plays a solid 200 foot game! He lacks shooting and creative offensive ability but he works hard and can do the job without the puck. He does the PK too. WE should keep him around as he is doing his 4th line job and more. A bargain at his salary.
I actually like Parkey Kelly as a 4th liner and wouldn't mind him back next year. Hustles hard and as you mentioned plays the PK and does it well.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Batherson looked unready and been playing great since the coaching change.

Korpi was great. Oilers hit a bunch of posts too. PP finally woke up. Why couldn't we get those type of bounces earlier on in the season?
Yep, Batherson played well, the Korpse had a good game and the PP was finally clicking.

Too bad we didn’t get this kind of game in 2023 (or early Jan).

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Just got back from my mile high club flying, limousine riding, woooooo vacation.

Every time I watch them, they lose. I don’t watch they win.

I will now watch the rest of the other games as HFSens’s Tank Commander to ensure a higher draft pick. This team now needs to finish bottom-5, I will rest the top guys here and there, specially Gioux and those banged up (or "banged" up) like Tkachuk, Stutzle...essentially send underpowered teams to start planning for next season. Get these guys fresh and healthy over the summer (including Norris), and give it a go with a solid draft and a productive UFA season.

Meaningless as these wins were though, liked watching the NHL.com highlights of Bathman being a prominent face in those wins. Joseph had a few nice sauces himself. Good to see offence from Chychrun as well.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Friggin McDavid turning Hyman into a 50g guy.

Waiting anytime now for that deal to become an overpay lol
He’s earned it once and exceeded it twice, we’ll see how next 4 goes, but I’m guessing over the life of it, he earns it. (Even though at the time was thinking it would be around 4.7-5).

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He’s earned it once and exceeded it twice, we’ll see how next 4 goes, but I’m guessing over the life of it, he earns it. (Even though at the time was thinking it would be around 4.7-5).
It's kinda funny. Holland has two FA signings that are polar opposites. Campbell is as bad as it gets, and Hyman was an absolute homerun out of the park. I hope Bouchard asks for $8+ million so the Oil can't extend some of their depth guys.

Would love someone like Foegele or Janmark on our bottom 6. Heck even Desharnais!

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Just got back from my mile high club flying, limousine riding, woooooo vacation.

Every time I watch them, they lose. I don’t watch they win.

I will now watch the rest of the other games as HFSens’s Tank Commander to ensure a higher draft pick. This team now needs to finish bottom-5, I will rest the top guys here and there, specially Gioux and those banged up (or "banged" up) like Tkachuk, Stutzle...essentially send underpowered teams to start planning for next season. Get these guys fresh and healthy over the summer (including Norris), and give it a go with a solid draft and a productive UFA season.

Meaningless as these wins were though, liked watching the NHL.com highlights of Bathman being a prominent face in those wins. Joseph had a few nice sauces himself. Good to see offence from Chychrun as well.
Thank you for your sacrifice.

• Haha
Reactions: armani

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Friggin McDavid turning Hyman into a 50g guy.

Waiting anytime now for that deal to become an overpay lol
I find it funny when these things get said.

Who else has been a 50 goal guy with McDavid? Good players elevate when they play with good players.

Hyman has earned everything he has gotten. One of the better feel good stories.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I find it funny when these things get said.

Who else has been a 50 goal guy with McDavid? Good players elevate when they play with good players.

Hyman has earned everything he has gotten. One of the better feel good stories.
Mate, Hyman has earned every one of those goals and is a fantastic player and human being (can't wait to buy some of the books he's published for my nephews).

But he wouldn't score 50g without McDavid or being on a PP with McDrai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad