Post-Game Talk: The Edmonton McDavids win 6-2 , bad start to the road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Need Weber back to. Petry as a number D is laughable.
The complexion of the team will change greatly when Weber,Byron and Armia are all back and healthy and if Price starts playing better.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Well, this opinion didn't just occur to me, Ive known for at least two seasons that he's somewhere along the lines of Crosby at the same age (I think Sid was a bit better from 18 to 21, remains to be seen for the rest.)

I think you may be jumping the gun on "best since Lemieux". That's still Sids to lose until he does some of the more amazing things, like two connies in a row, his ridiculous point streak, changes his game completely to fit his team (From speedy playmaking offensive-first, to goalscorer, to 2-way player.)

I also would like to point out that Malkin has a better peak than McDavid, so far.

What about Ovi's ridiculous stretch, too? From 07 to 2010, I think thats yet to be beaten by McD's too.
Time will tell I guess. Barring injuries I don't see anyone challenging McDavid for the art Ross in the forseeable future, and he's already tied both after 2 full seasons.

I have no doubts, no doubts at all that whenever he is finally surrounded by championship talent, that he will exceed all career accomplishments of both ovi and Sid, with the obvious exception of ovis Richard trophies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
With the numbers of media presence and daily questions, I think Price is a distraction for the players. Players admit they go a lot on internet and hockey news. They don't live in monastery, they all have cell phones with wifi.

The defence is a distraction to everybody. Not Price. We have a putrid backend. Price stunk really bad for 3 games. That’s not why we can’t keep the puck out of our net.

Reactions: Seb

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well yeah of course, but the reason I posted about Dach in the first place was because Draisaitl was mentioned. Both are big centers. Hughes, as skilled as he is, doesnt really qualify as a big center.
Can Dach play defense?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
mcdavid absolutely tourched our d tonight. He’s in a class of his own. Anyone who questions him being the best player of the next generation is clueless or bias. The rink is that kids playground, I’ve personally never seen anything like it

TGS and sheed36 aptly pointed it out in the GDT:

The Oilers are all McDavid and nothing else.

And then sheed36 posted this:

44398036_10161017294440048_272302876481552384_n.jpg

:laugh:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
This teams defense is so bad a goalie can make 10 miraculous stops a night and still give up 5. Accept it. Unless the reincarnation of Hasek appears, it doesnt matter what current NHL goalie is in net.

Both goalies are making huge saves all night as well as letting weak ones as the pure number of high quality chances dictates that

Reactions: PhysicX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad