Post-Game Talk: The Edmonton McDavids win 6-2 , bad start to the road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
I think the biggest reason we need Weber back is for the PP; it sucks because we have no shooters.
If we score on 1 or 2 of our PPs tonight, it's a different game.

Also we're so weak. The effort is there, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Eventually, team defence and powerplay will demoralise and break us. We will not be able to maintain our 5 vs. 5 scoring at the current pace. Something has to be done quickly.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
We’ll that was a pretty bad defensive game, like nightmare bad, Niemi allowed 2 or 3 softies but he made 8-9 miracles, Draisitl alone could have scored 6-7 goals tonite. Wake up call guys!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Discuss.

source.gif

What's that thing doing -- dancing the macarena?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He might've given up some bad goals but he made several five bell saves. I don't think it's fair to say we lost because of the goalie. We just threw him to the wolves tonight.
He made some big saves, but I think you could directly blame him for 3 or 4 of the goals against. Shots that had no business being scoring chances, let alone goals.

The rest of the team was atrocious as well, no doubt.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's the best player since Mario, I can tell who really hasn't watched him play all that much when they say things like "gee he really is kind of good"

No offense intended, but it's clear already
Well, this opinion didn't just occur to me, Ive known for at least two seasons that he's somewhere along the lines of Crosby at the same age (I think Sid was a bit better from 18 to 21, remains to be seen for the rest.)

I think you may be jumping the gun on "best since Lemieux". That's still Sids to lose until he does some of the more amazing things, like two connies in a row, his ridiculous point streak, changes his game completely to fit his team (From speedy playmaking offensive-first, to goalscorer, to 2-way player.)

I also would like to point out that Malkin has a better peak than McDavid, so far.

What about Ovi's ridiculous stretch, too? From 07 to 2010, I think thats yet to be beaten by McD's too.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Wish we could start with trading price and start a proper rebuild. . .not saying trade every vetran because we need leaders and like what I see but this team needs more talent and that starts with some first or second overall picks for once

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
The ball is in Price's court now.He's their superstar and supposedly best goalie in the universe so now he needs to show it.The team needs him.

Reactions: Lycanthrope
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille