Post-Game Talk: The dog days of a playoff spring start now

Will you miss Jack?

• Total voters

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Oilers clinched home ice and 'contender' Vegas did not even make it in. Props to those of you who kept the faith, even during the dark times.

Kings will be a tough out since Quick is finally healthy, but Mike Smith is finally healthy too so it should be a good dogfight. My biggest fear is the Avs getting an easy road to the Conference Finals after STL/MIN destroy each other. I hope the LA series is clean and injury free.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
6nKv8N6.jpg

Play La Bamba all the way to the playoffs. Don't forget to grab an avatar from the Playoff Avatar Thread, courtesy of @RattsSSV !
Is this for real? God I hope so. I’ve hated these jerseys.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Good game overall. Lots to be pleased about heading into the playoffs. LA will be a tough out, but plays the kind of game that this team will need to learn to battle through to have playoff success.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I know Jack kept saying it's their best RS since 1986-87, but actually it's not.

They were better in
- 2021 (you'd think Jack wouldn't forget last season)
- 1987-88

But anyway, a remarkable turnaround this season from the dog-days of December/January. I am not sure why the team tuned-out Dave Tippet (who actually had a very strong two RS's here), but they clearly did and he needed to go. In 2021 and early in 2021-22, the club was far too dependent on the PP to win them games, and Tippet was not a coach who looked confident in his decisions as he would immediately panic after a big loss and shake up every line and player (unnecessarily, in my view).

Woodcroft seems less the type to go into panic mode after a few goals against, but I guess the real test is how he'll do in the post-season. The 5-on-5 improvement and defensive improvement since Woody took over has been incredible.

Overall, the season ended up being pretty much what I expected going in, though it was more of a roller-coaster than I thought it would be.
Don’t follow your first sentence. This season is the most points we’ve had since the 86-87 season, like Jack mentioned.

Reactions: GreeningOil

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Definitely fell asleep before the third period lol. I was so tired last night. Glad to see they pulled it out and finished the season so strong. Let’s carry that into the playoffs now

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Start the playoffs!

Few takeaways from the game:

1) Please sign Kulak
2) Its probably unfortunate for Barrie, that Bouchard kind of makes him redundant because I'm not sure we appreciate the strengths he brings sometimes
3) Its probably my imagination, but Russell looks like a better skater than he used to be
4) I'm a JP fan, but hes back to being the awkward and ineffective JP. Its hard to believe its a lack of confidence. He scored a goal a few games ago, picked up a helper yesterday. Maybe hes still sick, but he doesnt look like hes having fun out there. Hes rarely smiling anymore. Seems to be going on awhile for him.

In regard to JP, I feel like he would be better suited to being on a line with the Nuge. I've seen McDrai give him the gears before and I don't think he's the type of player who does well with that pressure from linemates. Nuge is more easygoing and would be a better match for a fragile player such as Pulju. Just my two cents based on observations

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Most points, yes. But that's post-2005 loser points, in an 82-game season. Higher win percentage in '88 and last season (I think).
Doesn’t matter.

What he said wasn’t incorrect.

Most points since that year. To write up an essay about that seemed a little ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad