The Devils vs. The waiver wire

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I guess if the Organization doesn't care about upsetting a vet, they should waiver him as others have suggested.

If the organisation is more concerned about upsetting a veteran who can't earn his spot on the roster in favour of icing a better team... then this organisation has taken a path in a entire different direction.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
These are good problems to have.

I'm excited about the upcoming season.

I see gaping holes in each Metro division team. Surprisingly, I'm probably most worried about CBJ being annoying to play (like FLA in the 2012 season).

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I would honestly take a swift kick in the balls, maybe two at the limit, if it ment no more #28 on our roster.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would honestly take a swift kick in the balls, maybe two at the limit, if it ment no more #28 on our roster.

If Salvador and Volchenkov both disappeared, I would do two back flips and walk on my hands.:laugh: Only if both disappeared though, as I already expect 28 to be bought out next June.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
If Salvador and Volchenkov both disappeared, I would do two back flips and walk on my hands.:laugh: Only if both disappeared though, as I already expect 28 to be bought out next June.

two separate backflips or a double backflip? this is important

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
two separate backflips or a double backflip? this is important

I only had two separate ones in mind, but it would probably give me an adrenaline rush or some kind of extra boost. I supposed I could pull of a double backflip out of it!:nod:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
That would frustrate me. Not because I don't think Severson is good, or going to be good, because he's not that bad right now and is going to be better, but because Urbom and Gelinas should get any open roster spots on defense.

Gelinas should have the open spot (if there is one), and Urbom should be the first call up. Severson is good, but I think he needs a little more time in juniors.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'm fine with Sal. And if it were only Volch that would not be the worst thing either. It's that both are here that is my issue.

So if Volch is the buyout post season, I can deal.

In the meantime I'd like to see a consistent rotation, where as if Gelinas is the 7th, he's playing every 3rd game, spelling Volch, Sal, Zid's.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Any way you slice it, we have to sneak somebody through waivers. Lou will certainly have a tough job on his hands.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He'll probably just make a transaction with Larsson being sent to Albany just on paper, since he's waiver exempt. Then he'll be put back on the main roster the next day, and one or two of the other guys will be waived.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
He'll probably just make a transaction with Larsson being sent to Albany just on paper, since he's waiver exempt. Then he'll be put back on the main roster the next day, and one or two of the other guys will be waived.

Lou did something like that last year too, didn't he? With Tedenby I think?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Hmm... It just dawned on me that the Devs knew the Denis Brodeur situation was probably going to happen, and that's why we kept Kinkaid up.

DevilChuk*

Hmm... It just dawned on me that the Devs knew the Denis Brodeur situation was probably going to happen, and that's why we kept Kinkaid up.

Nah.

If Marty played tonight, Kinkaid would still have backed him up.

No need to have Schneider dress as a backup for a preseason game when he can just relax in a suit in the owner's box.

jayenomics

Sep 28, 2013
New Jersey
I think the Barch trade really helped clear things up, but I'm wondering what other moves Lou will make before the season. Specifically, what is he going to do with the D?

McJags

Oct 1, 2007
Unless there is a trade, I think Urbom hits waivers today, really didn't want to see that but he's the only D with a 2 way contract and Lou said he doesn't want an NHL salary in the AHL. Kind of confuses me though as when they traded Tallinder they said it was to open a roster spot for a young D...and they're not going to end up keeping any of their young D.

Maybe there'll be a trade or Lou goes against everything he's ever done in the past and puts Harrold on waivers. Other than that Janssen will be out on and I'm guessing some players get hid on IR or Gionta is on waivers

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
They may assign Larsson to Albany until they know if Elias will need to go on IR or not. Waiver exempt and buys them a few days to see. He would be back for opening night. No use possibly losing a guy you would need to call right back up as an injury replacement.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
They may assign Larsson to Albany until they know if Elias will need to go on IR or not. Waiver exempt and buys them a few days to see. He would be back for opening night. No use possibly losing a guy you would need to call right back up as an injury replacement.

This is interesting...why not?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I don't think Salvador or Volchenkov are tradeable, so Lou will eventually have to sneak Urbom through waivers. The only question is whether he will do it now while everyone else is doing the same, or delay it to see if someone will go on IR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad