The Devils have swept the season series against the Lightning.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We're also 3-0 against Pittsburgh. Come playoffs I'd give us a fair chance against any team that isn't extremely big and physical. Basically as long as we avoid Washington (and Boston to a lesser extent) we could be a spoiler against anyone in the East.

Don't think NJD matches up well against CBJ either.

It certainly is amazing how they've played against TB / Pittsburgh and a few other top teams this year. I am not as worried if we face either of those teams.

.....But talking about match-ups assumes we're in the playoffs, which is no way set in any stone yet.......I'd rather have this conversation a few games from now :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
As a Leaf fan I'd love to see them knock out Tampa in round 1.

Our preferred round 2 matchup, should we beat Boston.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
As a Leaf fan I'd love to see them knock out Tampa in round 1.

Our preferred round 2 matchup, should we beat Boston.
Bolts-Leafs 1st round is still very much possible.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You mean like all those parades you guys had with Henrik? It hurts don't it knowing you had the most elite goalie in hockey and your team blew it and came up empty.

How come Brodeur didn't win any Cups after the lockout and all the drastic changes that came with it?

Reactions: Rangers_23

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bolts-Leafs 1st round is still very much possible.

Sure. But the point of this thread is to (partially) point out that Tampa won't have an easy matchup if they face New Jersey. So in that scenario, and the current scenario IRL, the Leafs are facing the Bruins.

If it is Tampa-New Jersey, Toronto-Boston, as a Leafs fan, I'd prefer to face New Jersey in round 2, should we be there.

Even if it's Boston-New Jersey, Toronto-Tampa, as a Leafs fan, I'd prefer to face New Jersey in round 2, should we be there.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Remember earlier in the year when Tampa couldn't lose? This is why you don't start giving away cups in November.

The only thing that early season points mean is building a buffer between you and the playoff bar.

Tampa needs to get things sorted out fast. They are running out of time.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Come on guys they've earned it.

WS4y4FX.png

Its a joke, relax.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Went to the game with my friend last night, I'm a rival fan at that, but it was a great game

NJ looks good, they played TB hard and Kinkaid looked good. They could potentially give them trouble in a 7 game series. NJ was able to get in on the defense. The move by Bratt almost breaking free in front alone too. Hischier buzzing around the net and Hall is always threatening. If Severson shapes up a little more and if they keep Mueller in, look out honestly. Maybe not super deep this year but they could do some damage.

The last time NJ beat a team 3 times in the RS and faced them in the playoffs, they won in 6 games...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Went to the game with my friend last night, I'm a rival fan at that, but it was a great game

NJ looks good, they played TB hard and Kinkaid looked good. They could potentially give them trouble in a 7 game series. NJ was able to get in on the defense. The move by Bratt almost breaking free in front alone too. Hischier buzzing around the net and Hall is always threatening. If Severson shapes up a little more and if they keep Mueller in, look out honestly. Maybe not super deep this year but they could do some damage.

The last time NJ beat a team 3 times in the RS and faced them in the playoffs, they won in 6 games...

This is the one big problem I have had with Hynes all season. They give Mueller a few games... he always looks good.... and then it's like Hynes says "wow Mueller looks great... okay let's sit him for Lovejoy"

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I remember pittsburgh swept boston in the regular season; then scored 3 goals in 4 games in the playoffs against them. Regular season means pretty much nothing.

Reactions: The Macho Man

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This is the one big problem I have had with Hynes all season. They give Mueller a few games... he always looks good.... and then it's like Hynes says "wow Mueller looks great... okay let's sit him for Lovejoy"
Same with TBL and Koekkoek/Coburn. Lol.

Also btw Devils, PLEASE call up Santini. He's good.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We are always struggling against the Devils for some reason. Same with Boston. And Pittsburgh. Yikes!

Then again in 2011 the Caps swept us during regular season IIRC and everybody and their mom was calling for an easy matchup for the Caps come playoffs and we went on and swept them 4-0 without much pushback. So there's that.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Congrats. Besting second half Tampa team isn't really anything to write home about, but it's a W nonetheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad