The Devils have swept the season series against the Lightning.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I wouldn’t be surprised if NJ knocked out Pittsburgh if they met in the playoffs. They outskated the Pens every game they played this season.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I wouldn’t be surprised if NJ knocked out Pittsburgh if they met in the playoffs. They outskated the Pens every game they played this season.

Honestly I'm much more scared of the Pens than TB (although I think we have a good shot to take a series against either team, much better than against Wash or Bos). Yes, we've gotten great goaltending against the Lightning, but we've really dominated them in 5v5 play. It feels like most of their chances and goals against us came on the PP. Same with the Leafs. If I remember correctly all of our games against Toronto and Tampa were quite similar, with us pretty much generating the more dangerous 5v5 chances and the zebras stepping in to give the other team multiple extra PP's each game to keep things close. That coupled with playing with a lead for most of the games led to us being outshot which has led to a lot of opposing fans saying our goalies stole those games, but I don't buy it.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Man some of the Devils fans in here are unbearable and that’s coming from a Devils fan. On behalf of the rest of the fan base, please ignore the select few who turn everything into a bash the Rangers thread

What’s wrong with fans trying to keep what little rivalry is left in the game today? Everyone complains about the lack of rivalries in the game and then try to play nice on a message board.

I grew up in North Jersey. The Rangers and their fans are the enemy.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
One season when we're rebuilding you guys aren't down in the dumps and you're talking ****. You're not even comfortably in the playoffs. Talk **** when you accomplish something more than one season of being on shaky playoff ground.
Maybe if this Lias Anderson poster wasn't such a tool in every Devils thread these pissing matches between our fanbases wouldn't be so common. There is no need for it.

Reactions: New Jersey

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Yup 2 conference finals and a cup appearance = nothing. Keep trolling
Don't sell yourself short buddy...you guys also won a Presidents Trophy and wasn't your prima donna goaltender also voted best dressed athlete or something like that...big, big, big success over the years :laugh::laugh:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I doubt the games would go the same way in the playoffs as the pens barely showed up to two of those meetings. That said they're a tough matchup because the pens are used to being the faster team on the ice but NJ negates that advantage.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yup 2 conference finals and a cup appearance = nothing. Keep trolling

Did they win the cup? Nope. And one of those conference finals you got knocked out by an irrelvant team.

Keep trying to feel better about that failure of a franchise with the worst history out of all the Original 6 teams.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Did they win the cup? Nope. And one of those conference finals you got knocked out by an irrelvant team.

Keep trying to feel better about that failure of a franchise with the worst history out of all the Original 6 teams.

So if the Devils get knocked out in the first round (or anything less than winning the Cup according to your extremely high standards) the Devils will have accomplished "nothing" this season?

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Fun fact. I think the Lightning will be better than that if they meet in the playoffs. Still the Devils are playing some good hockey this year. Good to see.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Still don’t get why this is thread worthy. Teams sweep other teams in regular season all of the time.

Is there some history between the two teams I’m forgetting?
Well the Devils have beaten us in two playoff series before, so another will probably be the same, even if Brodeur isn't between the pipes and Scott Stevens isn't patrolling the blue line like they were back then.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Wow, confirmed they will be sweeping the lightning in the playoffs

Yep, too bad for the Giants regular season matchups is all that matters and their 2008 Super Bowl is now rescinded since they lost to the Cowboys twice that season.

Reactions: Ibewlu3

Ibewlu3

Nov 19, 2017
i think my 93-94 Rangers went 5-0 against the Devils in the regular season and it took double OT in a classic 7 game Eastern Conference Finals series to beat them .....so I've learned not to look too into regular season head to head results....in the playoffs its a new season

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If the mods are going to delete posts or close the thread, like I’m assuming they will, can you guys at least give us a forum or thread dedicated to talking smack? It’s a natural part of sports.
They have one, its called the politics board. I wouldn't recommend it tbh. As far as talking smack for sports? Well this site would rather have people be condescending to each other then straight out smack talk, which is actually worse imo.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad