The Detroit Black Wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
If they want to institute a third jersey, I can deal with that but don't mess with the home and away gear...that stuff is perfect in its simplicity.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Guys, it's a freaking hoax. The Insider link posted on that site doesn't go anywhere. The Red Wings have refused to even consider a third jersey, let alone changing what they have. You don't think TSN or some other outlet wouldn't have picked up on this already?

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
Is this still the NHL I mean what else can they change?...I dont know if my eyes can take it anymore i think i will just stop watching this b.s. they call the NHL....looks like its just classic espn for me.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
It's bad enough all the jerseys will look like those ridiculous practice jerseys next season (I give it half a season, tops) but now this. :shakehead

Shame on you Reebok and shame on you NHL. :teach:

they ruined the CFL jerseys and now they are ruining the NHL

they truly hate canada

seenmassive

Jul 18, 2005
The new CFL jerseys are great I dont't know how you don't like them! Hopefully RBK doesnt mess this up, their practice jerseys are sweet but they should keep them in practice. If the jerseys are more baggy than the Nike ones but still form fitting they will be accepted. I would say that a lot of people were OK with the new Nike Canada ones by the end of the World Juniors I am sure that they won't put stupid jerseys out in the NHL, there is just too much tradition, but a shakeup would be interesting. :propeller

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
"The history of this franchise is very important to us, as are the fan’s desires." said owner Mike Ilitch. "We feel the fan want to see a more modern look. With Detroit’s Lions adding black with such great success recently, I thought it was only natural to bring the same look to the Red Wings."

I would think any sentence including "Lions" and "success" would be considered an obvious hoax. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

MuzikMachine

Nov 14, 2005
JStone87 said:
Based on the original description I would expect something like this.

Is that a cycling jersey or a hockey jersey? :help:

I recall in the early 90's seeing black Red Wing jerseys with the Red Wing logo on them. Never game worn, just for the fans.

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
http://boards.sportslogos.net/index...pic=31867&st=20

the jerseys I think you are referring to are halfway down the page once you click the link,just incase anyone wants to see what you're talking about. I have one of those and they seem to still be popular with the fans in Detroit,might as well make the third jersey something like that one...if they are going to come out with a third one.

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
If the player name is going to be in white,and the numbers black then I figured out how that would look.

Verbeek

Human see, human do.
Jul 19, 2005
Pittsburgh
Paul755 said:
The flying wheel chest crest will feature a black drop shadow

NOOOOOO!!! I could take black trim on our current NHL jersey style, but oh my god, Flyers 3rd jersey logo revisted.

This cannot stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad