Proposal: The Det Collector: TOR + BUF + DET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Be that as it may, I wouldn't want these players on my roster with those cap hits if I were running a team, so we'll just agree to disagree...

It still doesn't explain how you think a broken down Okposo with 4 years left only costs a 2nd to dump but 2 guys who can actually still play somehow cost more than 2-3 times that 2nd to dump.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Be that as it may, I can't see Buffalo passing on this deal...

I really have no desire to get rid of Okposo ..but yeah..its a pretty plush deal for us considering his contract. I'd have to know what the other contracts are (kerfoot and Joh

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It still doesn't explain how you think a broken down Okposo with 4 years left only costs a 2nd to dump but 2 guys who can actually still play somehow cost more than 2-3 times that 2nd to dump.

Sabres aren't desperate for cap space

And KO can still play. He just isn't a 6 million dollar player

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Oh if desperation is a factor they should be paying us 1sts for our middle-6ers considering how desperate they are for NHL level forwards behind Eichel.

Nah.. when we get to the playoffs we at least want to win a round.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
[QUOTEdumping Okposo's contract
[/QUOTE]
With Pegulas going cheap, dumping Okposo won't get you as much. He's only owed $12 M over three years.The $6 million cap hit is horrible but I'm not sure that matters. Sadly.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
If Toronto did this and signed Petro with the cap space it'd be a steal for them, otherwise the motivation to do this trade wouldn't be there

That should have nothing to do with it. Even if we use the cap space to sign the perfect player, it's a bad trade because we could have easily moved these players in better trades with the same outcome.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

Okposo only has 3 years left...

And players have different value to different teams...

Okposo on Detroit isn't a big deal for them since they're rebuilding

Kerfoot and Johnsson take up too much valuable cap space on Toronto, however, a team like Buffalo might welcome their addition given they're not a destination for high end free-agents...

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Okposo only has 3 years left...

And players have different value to different teams...

Okposo on Detroit isn't a big deal for them since they're rebuilding

Kerfoot and Johnsson take up too much valuable cap space on Toronto, however, a team like Buffalo might welcome their addition given they're not a destination for high end free-agents...

So why not dump Kerfoot and Johnsson to Detroit at the cost of a 2nd instead?

Even using your own bad logic that Kerfoot and Johnsson need sweeteners to dump, the trade is still inconsistent lmao.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
capdump Okposo @$6M for 3 years!! & all the Red Wings get is a mid 1st?? Beyond bad for DET.

Okposo's cap hit is 6 million, but he's owed less in real money...

These are the kinds of deals a rebuilding team like Detroit should be making...

How else do you expect to land a mid 1st in a strong draft?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
So why not dump Kerfoot and Johnsson to Detroit at the cost of a 2nd instead?

Even using your own bad logic that Kerfoot and Johnsson need sweeteners to dump, the trade is still inconsistent lmao.

Because a rebuilding team like Detroit shouldn't be giving up a 2nd for those types of players...

Or, are you saying the Leafs should trade a 2nd along with Kerfoot and Johnsson to Detroit?

Either way, I don't think Detroit would take them on for just a 2nd rounder... I certainly wouldn't if I were running them

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Because a rebuilding team like Detroit shouldn't be giving up a 2nd for those types of players...

No the same 2nd that you think it costs to dump Okposo's abortion of a contract. Surely Detroit would rather get a 2nd for two guys who can actually play and that they could trade for more picks as rentals instead of Okposo.

Even if we accept your flawed premise that it costs assets to dump Kerfoot and Johnsson, the trade still makes absolutely 0 sense.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
No the same 2nd that you think it costs to dump Okposo's abortion of a contract. Surely Detroit would rather get a 2nd for two guys who can actually play and that they could trade for more picks as rentals instead of Okposo.

Even if we accept your flawed premise that it costs assets to dump Kerfoot and Johnsson, the trade still makes absolutely 0 sense.

I don't share your opinion on their value...

No sense continuing to go in circles about it

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Okposo's cap hit is 6 million, but he's owed less in real money...

These are the kinds of deals a rebuilding team like Detroit should be making...

How else do you expect to land a mid 1st in a strong draft?

I doubt the Ilitches care much about the actual cost.

The money they’ll make up for icing a winning team in Detroit far exceeds it.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I doubt the Ilitches care much about the actual cost.

The money they’ll make up for icing a winning team in Detroit far exceeds it.

The best way for Detroit to start icing a winning team is to acquire picks in a strong draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad