Proposal: The Det Collector: TOR + BUF + DET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
The best way for Detroit to start icing a winning team is to acquire picks in a strong draft...
Great. We'll take the 8th overall if you want to dump that contract. Otherwise why don't we just trade #32 directly to the leafs for 15, Kerfoot, Johnsson? Why are we helping you out? For funnsies?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Great. We'll take the 8th overall if you want to dump that contract. Otherwise why don't we just trade #32 directly to the leafs for 15, Kerfoot, Johnsson? Why are we helping you out? For funnsies?

Helping me out?

Not sure if you know this, but I'm not a representative for any of the teams involved...

As for your proposal... sure! That works too...

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Helping me out?

Not sure if you know this, but I'm not a representative for any of the teams involved...

As for your proposal... sure! That works too...
Fair enough. I assumed you were a buffalo fan as the trade was so lopsided in their favor.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
That should have nothing to do with it. Even if we use the cap space to sign the perfect player, it's a bad trade because we could have easily moved these players in better trades with the same outcome.
I'd be surprised if Toronto got a better deal than this with 0 salary coming back. Thus why it'd be a win as that capspace would be used to sign a true #1Dman.

They could get assets for these guys but those assets would also have salary attached because no one is giving up NHL talent on an ELC for Toronto's bottom 6 forwards.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
And what would those trades look like? The ones that net the Leafs positive value for Kerfoot and Johnsson...
If you don't think Kerfoot or Johnsson can't fetch a 2nd at least...you're hopeless.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I see Kerfoot and Johnsson as cap dumps, not "productive middle 6 players on market value deals"
Then you see wrong.

Two middle six forwards, on deals less than 3.5AAV and who both produce around 40 points a season are not cap dumps. They most definitely hold value, and the Leafs wont be dumping a 15th OA pick to shed their contracts. Give your head a shake...

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Oh wow the Leafs are just going to lose some trades so they get cap space to sign Pietrangelo. I dunno, I feel like maybe we would try and at least break even on some trades to get cap space to sign Pietrangelo.

This is a thread that should have stayed in the graveyard, not get a 2 week later bump. Can we get one of those, "Nothing to see here, closed" mod posts please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad