The David Jones and Shane O'Brien appreciation thread

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'd like to remember Jones for the excitement he gave us when he started to really come on, validating our Brad Richardson-like hype in him. He was a blossoming sprig of hope in a desolate wasteland of doom and false expectations. At least until he fell off the wagon.

And O'Brien was part of the feared Mick Movement, where the Avs seemed to be dumping their Quebec roots in order to go full-on Emerald Isle. Maybe out of guilt for trading Nolan lo those many years ago. But we all saw how that worked out. O'Byrne is gone, O'Brien is gone, O'Reilly almost ran away, McLeod is probably Scottish. Honorary Irish Jones and his bottle-a-day habit traded. McGinn should be worried. And now the French Canadians are back in force. It's probably for the best.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
DJ was a stunning success for a 9th round pick, he was a fun prospect to follow and while not Shattenkirk levels his name did give us some jokes.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
I appreciate what they brought back.
I also guess that I can't hate on Jones for taking a 4 million dollar contract after a **** season.

Two players I've wanted off the team since the end of last season (2012), and the Avs did it with style

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
DJ was a stunning success for a 9th round pick, he was a fun prospect to follow and while not Shattenkirk levels his name did give us some jokes.

True he was a great story for a 9th rounder, and if he hadn't had a couple knee injuries, and shoulder injuries, he would have been a much more impactful player.

SOB was good at keeping the guys loose, and could have returned to his 1st year in COL form under Roy IMO, but it's not a huge loss, and maybe what they need is to be more focused and less loose.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I appreciated the Lulz from Jones. Does anyone remember that game in Edmonton when he spiralled like a helicopter trying to make a left turn? He mustve made 3 full spins like a figure skater haha

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It would be funny if Jones Yipper and Svatos were all still on the team. And not in a good way. But I remember being so excited about all of them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I appreciated the Lulz from Jones. Does anyone remember that game in Edmonton when he spiralled like a helicopter trying to make a left turn? He mustve made 3 full spins like a figure skater haha

Only way he can turn left is to spin clockwise like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad