The D-wight King appreciaton thread

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
After Moulson, Penner, Purcell, Pushkarev, Moller, Holloway, whoever else, King finally transcended all of them at once.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Yes he has. I guess I never understand why he gets so much hate when we have much much worse players playing regularly.

King has been versatile and productive this season.

I don't think King's gotten much hate at all this season. I'm pretty sure Regehr (who has been pretty steady the last half dozen games), Muzzin, Fraser, Stoll and to some degree, Clifford have received the bulk of hate from our board.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I don't think King's gotten much hate at all this season. I'm pretty sure Regehr (who has been pretty steady the last half dozen games), Muzzin, Fraser, Stoll and to some degree, Clifford have received the bulk of hate from our board.

Don't forget Frattin. Though, I don't think he's deserving of the wrath either. The kids are still young and getting better.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Seen King and Muzzin grouped in with the awful players you listed plenty of times.

King (and Muzzin) should never, ever, ever be grouped in with those guys. They are contributing to the success of the team, and have stepped up when the team was hit with injuries to key players. And I will give RR credit, his play has improved greatly since the start of the year when he didn't look like an NHL'er.

King is twice as good as Clifford, Stoll, Frattin and Fraser.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He's hitting again like he did during the Cup run. If he isn't hitting, he's the worthless guy that we crucified last year. He is very useful when he is finishing his checks and using his size.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Seen King and Muzzin grouped in with the awful players you listed plenty of times.

For the record, the kings don't have any AWFUL players on our roster. Do we have some players that are expendable? Sure, but that doesn't make them an AWFUL player.

Last edited:

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
He's had some good games this season...as opposed to the first 80 regular season games of his career where he was a slug. I still call him "Farm Animals".

Captain Mittens*

Also, that one with the horses, buggy, and Cup is one of my favorite pics of all time. I swore it was 'shopped. It couldn't be real :laugh:

It's real

This is before or after the ride

dwightkingcupday.jpg

Dwight-King-and-uncle-Meadow-Lake-Sask.Aug_.151.jpg

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/11/15/down-on-the-farm-with-dwight-and-jordan-part-1/

1dude

Aug 26, 2008
California
have to seriously give King props. I was in Toffoli withdrawal at the beginning of the season. hope King keeps it up.

it is nice to see King get recognition, but truly happy to see Toffoli, Vey and Pearson getting NHL ice time with recent positive results.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Love Nolan and King. Wish Kinger had the anger his brother said...but either way he is still a 6'-4" LW who can hit, score, fight and play well defensively. I'm sure a lot of teams would love to have him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Glad to see more people appreciate him for what he does. It's not by design that he's a top six LW on the current roster, it just happens that he's outworked every other LW on the roster and has earned his spot. Can anyone think of a player who has looked better than Dwight King that is capable of playing LW on the Kings?

I always felt like he caught a lot of flak and became mostly everyone's favorite scapegoat for some unexplained reason, but he's had a stellar season thus far and has been a damn good fit on the PK. You need depth guys like him in the lineup as they're the ones who can turn out to be unsung heroes in the playoffs, which is exactly what Dwight King was in 2012.

Like Johnny Utah said above, I hope him and Nolan remain Kings for a long time. They're role guys who understand the role they play and perform exceptionally at it. Sure, they both went through a sophomore slump last season but maybe now they're starting to figure it out and understand what they have to do to remain in the lineup and be considered regulars in the NHL.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Hard to believe both have played a little over one season each. This will be their first complete season under Sutter.

HolyShot*

I've been saying all along that he has great playmaking skills but everyone kept bashing him. I want a king jersey real bad.

Inner Turbulence

Jun 12, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
King brings an awful lot to the team when you consider his 750K salary. He gives 15 minutes of reliable 2 way hockey. He forechecks, he wins puckbattles, makes relatively few mistakes and keeps it simple.

It's not to annoy fans that Sutter seems to have increased the important minutes that King plays (PK, late in games etc.) - it's because he's earned it.

30+ points in his first 100 regular season games (without significant PP time) and timely contribution in tight games in the Stanley Cup run is nothing to sneeze at for such a low salary player.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Nice tip for a short handed goal tonight. Good to see him play well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad