Management The Current State of the Bruins. Who to Blame?

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
For someone so adament and convinced on who should and shouldn't get credit, you sure do get the facts wrong. Funny how that works.
My facts are correct....Factual. Funny how you dont mention what is not factual......Funny how that works. I find that a lot in Sweeney fanboys.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
My facts are correct....Factual. Funny how you dont mention what is not factual......Funny how that works. I find that a lot in Sweeney fanboys.

- Gorton, not Chia, traded for Rask

- Pasta was selected 25th, not 28th

- You bemoan the Senyshyn selection, but you conventionally forget to give him credit for the McAvoy pick the following year, you know, the guy who has a shot at the Norris trophy this year. Last i heard, you need number 1 dman for a cup contending team

Get your facts in order before vomiting out ridiclous BS. It'll help make you seem like you have a valid opinion.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

- Pasta was selected 25th

- You bemoan the Senyshyn selection, but you conventionally forget to give him credit for the McAvoy pick the following year, you know, the guy who has a shot at the Norris trophy this year. Last i heard, you need number 1 dman for a cup contending team

0%

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

- Pasta was selected 25th, not 28th

Get your facts in order before vomiting out ridiclous BS. It'll help make you seem like you have a valid opinion.

I think what some people, on both sides of the fence with Sweeney, forget is both things can be true. Sweeney hit a grand slam with McAvoy in the 2016 draft and he deserves a lot of credit for that. He also butchered multiple easy picks in a generational first round (and turned down “much higher” 1sts for Hamilton) and should be called out for that. It goes with the territory of being a GM, I suppose.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He'll be in the top three. Maybe 4. But still a legit shot.

Not a chance.

Nurse, Petry, Theodore, Makar, Hedman depending on how long he is out. The top 3-4 get all the votes. Charlie was 10th last year, but all that really meant was he got 8 total votes. One 3rd, One 4th, and 6 5ths. That's nothing.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not a chance.

Nurse, Petry, Theodore, Makar, Hedman depending on how long he is out. The top 3-4 get all the votes. Charlie was 10th last year, but all that really meant was he got 8 total votes. One 3rd, One 4th, and 6 5ths. That's nothing.

Hugely disagree. He's gaining a lot of attention in national media as a legit Norris canadate ( important since they're the ones voting on it ) as well as the analytics community.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I think what some people, on both sides of the fence with Sweeney, forget is both things can be true. Sweeney hit a grand slam with McAvoy in the 2016 draft and he deserves a lot of credit for that. He also butchered multiple easy picks in a generational first round (and turned down “much higher” 1sts for Hamilton) and should be called out for that. It goes with the territory of being a GM, I suppose.
I'm no draft expert but think the point is the McAvoy was highly rated and a logical pick where he was taken. if not McAvoy he could have equally hit a home run taking Chychrun who also looks amazing and was likely equally rated near McAvoy. it's not like Sweeney pulled a rabbit out of his hat with McAvoy. we all know Senyshyn was a reach. my point being if he would have stayed with the safe picks in 15 we would be a much better team today

Reactions: MattFromFranklin

member 96824

I'm no draft expert but think the point is the McAvoy was highly rated and a logical pick where he was taken. if not McAvoy he could have equally hit a home run taking Chychrun who also looks amazing and was likely equally rated near McAvoy. it's not like Sweeney pulled a rabbit out of his hat with McAvoy. we all know Senyshyn was a reach. my point being if he would have stayed with the safe picks in 15 we would be a much better team today

Yeah you’re remembering right. McAvoy/Chychrun/Fabbro coin flip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad