The Curious Case of Cody Hodgson

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Perhaps he just needs a change of scenery.
Would you accept a trade with Anaheim, ...
Hodgson for W.Karlsson/Rakell (called wild Bill, which is a sweet fit) & Bourque.
Fair value?

I would trade him for one of Anaheim's good prospects+salary but doubt the Ducks would. They operate under internal spending limits
so I can't see them dealing a cost controlled asset in order to pay Hodgson $19M for the next four years at the moment.
(Maybe the Ducks consider it after the season if they have trouble scoring during the playoffs and/or Beleskey leaves.)

Hogdson on a line with Getzlaf and Perry would certainly put him in a great position to succeed.
Having Kesler cover for his deficiencies would also be rather interesting.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's funny that the one player said to be Hodgson's biggest critic was Ryan Kesler who was later traded because his teammates all hated him and is a genuine *******.

How do you know which players were Hodgsons biggest critics?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There may actually be a silver lining to all of this for Hodgson -- that he has to work to overcome the downward spiral of confidence and effort. I can't help but wonder if he there was more chemistry initially with Girgensons carrying over from the end of last season if he'd be benefiting in a similar fashion to Ennis, having a defensively responsible possession driver on his line.

His effort does need to improve. And if it does, I'm curious to see if Nolan rewards him or not. I'd like to see him work his way out of this if he can. In some ways, it reminds me of younger players being sent to the minors and having to deal with the demotion moreso than dealing with the level of competition. It's mental. We'll see. He wouldn't be the first guy to have a productive offensive season bracketting some junk. It happens.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Bunch of garbage.

What he says is sort of true... Coho had serious problems with Canuck management. Although i beleive that it was mostly the Coho 'camp' ... He was spoon fed offensive zone faceoffs, good linemates, pp time..and he still complained.

Canuck management should NOT have went public..but Coho was quite demanding. Compare that to Bo Horvat, guy is just happy to be in the league... accepts any role given to him. ..Accepts that he SHOULD be playing behind Sedin and Bonino. And he has a pedigree just as good as Coho along with a higher draft position.

Different types of attitudes.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Ville Leino was better last year than Hodgson is now. They bought out the wrong guy.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Ville Leino was better last year than Hodgson is now. They bought out the wrong guy.

Ignoring the point you're trying to make, Buffalo wouldn't have been able to use a CBO on Hodgson as he signed after the lockout.

To your point, I don't think he's been nearly as bad in the past month as he was early this season. That line skated as Buffalo's second yesterday (to Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis) and Nolan was very clearly confident in the trio's play given the late-game shifts he gave it.

Strange timing for this bump. He hasn't been particularly good, but he's been much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad