Player Discussion The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutton (Part II)

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Anyine know of his current weight? Just curious, he can still get stronger but he's definitely not weak out there. Has to be 200+.

Anyway, it's safe to say that he's a legit top 4 PMD and the discussions about sending him down due to waiver status were probably not the best decision for either him or the team considering how good he's been.

I remember hearing 209 lbs somewhere. He's a big kid, he really has it all - frame, skills, brains.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Well then

Hutton is a walking talking meme.

hutton-tunnel.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoping the last couple of games are just a blip, or the result of struggling to play with Bartkowski, but Hutton's definitely been up and down...have to remember that he's coming from a college program where they play 30 games on weekends....it'll be interesting to see how things are going in the dog-days of Jan.-Feb.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Hoping the last couple of games are just a blip, or the result of struggling to play with Bartkowski, but Hutton's definitely been up and down...have to remember that he's coming from a college program where they play 30 games on weekends....it'll be interesting to see how things are going in the dog-days of Jan.-Feb.

Very true. I also don't think he's getting any help from Bartkowski skating reallyreallyreally fast and doing **** all.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Loved the Canucks Access video when Hutton had family at Ottawa and they were all happy for him. When his grandparents asked "did you see so and so", he replied "I ooked up from time to time, but I still have a game to play" and then he started mimicing his family. Seems like a very happy-go-lucky guy. Fun to have in the dressing room.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I miss Hutton :(

Does anyone know if he can play the right side well? Or can Hamhuis?

A Hamhuis - Hutton pairing would be really good. Getting Weber out of that top 4 is essential at this point.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I miss Hutton :(

Does anyone know if he can play the right side well? Or can Hamhuis?

A Hamhuis - Hutton pairing would be really good. Getting Weber out of that top 4 is essential at this point.

Hutton is such an important piece for the 'Nucks going forward....everybody who watches this team nightly knows that rebuilding the blue-line is Benning's next big task...Edler and Tanev are still both under 30, so that's a solid start...and I'm starting to warm to Sbisa and Bartkowski, at least least as depth guys...and now with Hutton you've got a guy with top-four potential.....suddenly that task of rounding out a much improved top-six doesn't seem as daunting:nod:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Hutton is such an important piece for the 'Nucks going forward....everybody who watches this team nightly knows that rebuilding the blue-line is Benning's next big task...Edler and Tanev are still both under 30, so that's a solid start...and I'm starting to warm to Sbisa and Bartkowski, at least least as depth guys...and now with Hutton you've got a guy with top-four potential.....suddenly that task of rounding out a much improved top-six doesn't seem as daunting:nod:

Edler is 29.......so there's that.
Btw, Hutton has rejoined the team according to Canucks' Twitter.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Anyine know of his current weight? Just curious, he can still get stronger but he's definitely not weak out there. Has to be 200+.

Anyway, it's safe to say that he's a legit top 4 PMD and the discussions about sending him down due to waiver status were probably not the best decision for either him or the team considering how good he's been.

He was 6'3 205 on his NCAA listing last year but the Canucks website used their listing from the draft that they had never updated when he made the team :laugh:

I think someone said around 209 and I seem to recall hearing that too around training camp

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I really think if Hutton can grow fill out his 6'3" frame with muscle and learn to throw the body around he can become a #1.

The guy is so offensively creative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad