Post-Game Talk: The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutton -- Canucks win 1-0 (Yes we McCann.) -- Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
He's still on par with Biega even with his poor passing. Despite his problems with puck he's still been strong defensively. Hutton in the pressbox is a waste of an asset. I guess it depends whether you think either Biega or Corrado could be claimed.

If we can't find a regular role for Hutton then I have no issues sending him down. Would rather him be in Utica than the 7th guy here. I'll disagree with your first point. I think Biega is the better option and has clearly been better thus far.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's still on par with Biega even with his poor passing. Despite his problems with puck he's still been strong defensively. Hutton in the pressbox is a waste of an asset. I guess it depends whether you think either Biega or Corrado could be claimed.

Biega has easily outplayed Corrado, both in the NHL and AHL last year, and in the preseason this year. He's a better player and better-suited for the #7 role.

Corrado needs to go to the AHL and play lots. If he wasn't waiver-eligible it wouldn't even be a question what to do with him.

Sticking him in the pressbox is just going to ruin the asset further. He needs to play, and waiving him is the risk that needs to be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad