The Craig Adams Complaint Club ... RIP, Scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
When will the last domino fall in the Penguins new culture moving forward. The way I see it Adams is the guy. Should have been on his way out when Shero and Bylsma got canned

Being in the military iv been through a few "culture changes" myself and I can tell you someone as insignificant as craig adams can certainly sour a room organization by himself. I don't think we fully move on with a new attitude until he goes.

Odds on whether or not he gets sent down, waived, cut, bought out, traded?

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Can we please just turn this thread into an all encompassing Craig Adams unappreciation thread?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
When will the last domino fall in the Penguins new culture moving forward. The way I see it Adams is the guy. Should have been on his way out when Shero and Bylsma got canned

Being in the military iv been through a few "culture changes" myself and I can tell you someone as insignificant as craig adams can certainly sour a room organization by himself. I don't think we fully move on with a new attitude until he goes.

Odds on whether or not he gets sent down, waived, cut, bought out, traded?

When you're not in the room, making a statement like this is kind of odd.

Zero. He'll walk as a UFA this summer, and will receive a 1 year 2 way deal from an NHL team this summer. Hopefully it's not us.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

Zero. He'll walk as a UFA this summer, and will receive a 1 year 2 way deal from an NHL team this summer. Hopefully it's not us.

no, he won't

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014

Well he sure hasn't endeared himself to Geno. That and the rumors last year of being Byslma's spy should have been enough to send his useless ass packing.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
More appropriate for this thread:

This is kind of how I feel. I think he's more than run his course on this team and I can buy everything up to and including that he's not liked in the room, even though I question that even sports writers would have any member of the team blatantly tell him that.

The one I can't get behind is the mole thing. It just sounds so silly to me. Not to mention so easily remedied. Is there any doubt that if this had actually been happening, Sid couldn't have gone around Shero/Bylsma and directly to Mario and said that Adams was creating a rift in the locker room? I don't know. The cloak and dagger stuff just seems too over-the-top dramatic to me. Has there ever been a legitimate source of this rumor other than Madden or someone quoting Madden? Because I know a lot of people like MM, but he's not above floating something ridiculous just to whip up his listeners.

It doesn't have to necessarily be a "mole" or a "rat." Craig DID have coffee with the coaches (that part was not debated), and as an older grinder had a ton in common with Bylsma and co., and he used that commonality to form a bond, to keep himself alive in the organization.

When it came time to discuss players, I don't think Bylsma was professional enough to separate his friendship with Craig from his coaching role over Craig. During this time Craig could (and certainly had motive to) badmouth players he could potentially see taking the food off the table for his kids.

So if you move away from labeling him a rat or mole, and move away from calling what he was doing narcing, and just kind of imagine it taking place in an everyday social situation, it's not a stretch to say Craig was totally out for himself, at the expense of his teammates.

johnniewalker

Dec 14, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
So if you move away from labeling him a rat or mole, and move away from calling what he was doing narcing, and just kind of imagine it taking place in an everyday social situation, it's not a stretch to say Craig was totally out for himself, at the expense of his teammates.

I would guess that almost every professional athlete in the world that is not a legend in their sport is out for themselves over their teammates when it comes to the end of their career. The ones that get to decide when to quit playing in their own time and on their own terms are very few and far between.

EDIT: To add, if you watched the most recent Road to the Winter Classic, you get to see Trotz deliver the news to Chimera that he is sitting in favor of Wilson. He is so mad about it that he ultimately yells at the camera man to get the camera out of his face and sulks off. That is his reaction to getting healthy scratched in one game. Now imagine if you feel that coming for your career.

Last edited:

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Adams isn't going anywhere. If the Pens do acquire Justin Williams, then you got an old Craig Adams Stanley Cup winning teammate from the 2006 Carolina Hurricanes not to mention the GM of that team was none other then Jim Rutherford. They might even sign Adams for another year.

LionelHutz*

Adams isn't going anywhere. If the Pens do acquire Justin Williams, then you got an old Craig Adams Stanley Cup winning teammate from the 2006 Carolina Hurricanes not to mention the GM of that team was none other then Jim Rutherford. They might even sign Adams for another year.

OXBQcPa.gif

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014

It doesn't have to necessarily be a "mole" or a "rat." Craig DID have coffee with the coaches (that part was not debated), and as an older grinder had a ton in common with Bylsma and co., and he used that commonality to form a bond, to keep himself alive in the organization.

When it came time to discuss players, I don't think Bylsma was professional enough to separate his friendship with Craig from his coaching role over Craig. During this time Craig could (and certainly had motive to) badmouth players he could potentially see taking the food off the table for his kids.

NONE of the above explains how he has survived into the new HC/GM (with a history of canning him) regime.

There is some non-hockey explanation, which DK hinted at last year but nobody has ever nutted up to actually explain in detail.
Although the the media now postures that the whole thing with Adams is "old news".

Really? When was it made news? Ever?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

That's still a big jump from "Adams & Bylsma used to have coffee" to "Adams used his coffee dates with Bylsma to snitch on his teammates to keep his career going at their expense." There's not really anything wrong with players having a personal relationship with their coach outside of hockey, even if it's to the point where one might think of it as a conflict of interest. Wasn't Mike Johnston's kid one of Beau Bennett's best friends growing up? I think I remember reading that he spent a bunch of time at MJ's house.

I'm just saying, I can certainly understand wanting Adams off of the team. I'd bench him for the fight with Malkin and if he was running around at practice trying to hurt people, I'd waive him. But believing that he's some kind of snitch based on the word of a radio host who gets off (and gets ratings) by getting his listeners to freak out over stuff like this is further than I'm willing to go personally. And if the problems with him in the locker room really ran that deep, there's an entire new regime in there - including a GM who has already waived him once and is most likely familiar with Adams's locker room presence - who has had more than adequate time to do something about it. There are enough reasons to want him gone that actually make sense without dipping into the conspiracy theories.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Craig Adams logs into your Spotify / Netflix accounts and changes the passwords

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
DK mentioned more today that Adams is "the most dour guy in the locker room" and if he left the locker room would throw a party. He wrote in another column that he has an over inflated sense of self worth.

Maybe Adams is a jerk to DK and he's just stirring the pot, but when a few media guys start shining a light on what was going on, well one has to wonder...

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Honestly i see some value in a guy like Adams on a younger team, one that can show guys how to get into lanes on a Pk and whatnot, but the guy has no legs left and we are stacked at younger, faster Pkrs that might even be more effective if given his ice time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad