The conditional picks?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
So what if CLB misses the playoff drafts top3 and resigns Duchene???Do we get 2020 and their 2021 1st,s??
Is this accurate? Can anyone confirm which cbj picks are lottery protected, and what happens if they win the lottery this year?

thadman

Jul 23, 2015
Is this accurate? Can anyone confirm which cbj picks are lottery protected, and what happens if they win the lottery this year?

The conditional 2019 pick is top-3 protected. It moves to 2020 if Columbus wins the lottery in 2019.

The conditional 2020 pick is not protected. Ottawa receives it if Duchene resigns with CBJ for the 2019-2020 season. If the 2019 pick moves to 2020 as a result of the aforementioned condition, the 2020 pick moves to 2021.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
How I see CBJ playing out....
-Columbus will sign Dzingel very soon, around 5 x 5.
-They'll barely miss the playoffs.
-Trade Panarin+Bobrovsky in a sign and trade deal to FLA for Mike Hoffman and other pieces. This allows FLA to get the 8th year with both of them and also to clear cap/salary.
-Duchene will go to late June when he can talk to other teams, but ultimate CBJ will overpay to keep Duchene by signing him to something in the 8 year 9.5M range. Another team would have to offer nearly an 11M AAV to match that on a 7 year term.
-Sens get the 2019 and 2020 picks. CBJ's 2020 pick will win the lottery....thus the Duchene prophecy will be complete.

I could see the San Jose 2nd transferring. I think Karlsson will want to go right down to the wire and talk to other teams, but similar to CBJ I see San Jose tabling a big contract that no other team can match because of the age of the player and how that works out with the 8th year. They were willing to offer Tavares a rumoured 13M over 7 seasons so they shouldn't have an issue offering Karlsson that kind of contract over 8 seasons. That would mean a team would have to offer almost 15 million x 7 to match it money wise, that probably is not happening.

The odds of San Jose making the final are difficult to predict. Only one team gets through. It makes it a lot more likely that the SJS extra 1st won't transfer.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

It has only been reported that the 2019 pick is lottery protected.

It's logical to assume the 2020 pick isn't protected, because if it was they would have reported that condition at the same time all the other conditions have been reported.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The conditional 2019 pick is top-3 protected. It moves to 2020 if Columbus wins the lottery in 2019.

The conditional 2020 pick is not protected. Ottawa receives it if Duchene resigns with CBJ for the 2019-2020 season. If the 2019 pick moves to 2020 as a result of the aforementioned condition, the 2020 pick moves to 2021.

So I should hope for CBJ to win the lottery this year, saving us from utter #Hughesmiliation.

CBJ signs Duchene, and then subsequently wins the lottery in the next two years.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
How I see CBJ playing out....
-Columbus will sign Dzingel very soon, around 5 x 5.
-They'll barely miss the playoffs.
-Trade Panarin+Bobrovsky in a sign and trade deal to FLA for Mike Hoffman and other pieces. This allows FLA to get the 8th year with both of them and also to clear cap/salary.
-Duchene will go to late June when he can talk to other teams, but ultimate CBJ will overpay to keep Duchene by signing him to something in the 8 year 9.5M range. Another team would have to offer nearly an 11M AAV to match that on a 7 year term.
-Sens get the 2019 and 2020 picks. CBJ's 2020 pick will win the lottery....thus the Duchene prophecy will be complete.

I could see the San Jose 2nd transferring. I think Karlsson will want to go right down to the wire and talk to other teams, but similar to CBJ I see San Jose tabling a big contract that no other team can match because of the age of the player and how that works out with the 8th year. They were willing to offer Tavares a rumoured 13M over 7 seasons so they shouldn't have an issue offering Karlsson that kind of contract over 8 seasons. That would mean a team would have to offer almost 15 million x 7 to match it money wise, that probably is not happening.

The odds of San Jose making the final are difficult to predict. Only one team gets through. It makes it a lot more likely that the SJS extra 1st won't transfer.

so you're saying 8*13 for Karlsson in SJ? I can't see that happening

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
so you're saying 8*13 for Karlsson in SJ? I can't see that happening

They apparently offered Tavares around 13 million over 7 years.

Karlsson is as good or better than Tavares. They are also already invested in Karlsson via giving up assets for him in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad