The conditional picks?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
What odds do you put on the sens converting our conditional picks for Karl and Duchene?

Karl resigns with San Jose? (2ndrounder)

Sharks go to finals and Karl resigns? (1st rounder)

Duchene resigns with cbj? (1st rounder)

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
What odds do you put on the sens converting our conditional picks for Karl and Duchene?

Karl resigns with San Jose? (2ndrounder)

Sharks go to finals and Karl resigns? (1st rounder)

Duchene resigns with cbj? (1st rounder)

Pretty low

Best chance is that karlsson signs with an eastern team as a ufa IMO

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd go 2% on the Columbus one and 15% on the San Jose one. I really like San Jose's odds of making the final but I don't know if Karlsson will ultimately decide to stay there when he'll have so many options in the offseason.

Reactions: Tuna99

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'd say CBJ take a serious swing at Duchene. They've got a great core of players, and Dubinski and Foligno are their only players over the age of 30 (plus they just added McQuaid who is 32 and a UFA). So even when they lose Panarin and Bob, they've got a pretty decent line up if they keep Duchene. That and they have just short of 30 million in cap space for next season.

They also have almost no draft picks for the next 2 years so they'd be motivated to win now.

SJ is more uncertain IMO. Half of the team's contracts are up at the end of the season so its harder to predict what they'd do. EK65 fits really nice in that line-up and the team looks scary, I'm sure they'll try to get something done there

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
So the condition to get an additional 1st is for Karlsson to re-sign AND the Sharks make the finals?
Yes, basically. As soon as he signs there, we get the 2021 2nd. And if they get to the final, then that 2nd gets upgraded to the 1st. So we definitely get FLA 2nd this year, and SJ next year as they've virtually clinched the playoffs. Then an additional 2nd if EK signs (this is the conditional one). It seemed really bad at first, but I actually think it was a good trade considering he wasn't staying. Balcers and Norris look like players, and Tierney and Demelo are already good role players, who could easily fetch 2nd+prospects each at the deadline next year, on great deals too. Should have been a better prospect in there for EK, but the return doesn't look too bad for us right now.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think the Duchene conditional pick is the most likely to happen. I think Columbus re-signs Dzingel (he's an adopted Buckeye for that fanbade due to him having played for Ohio State), and then Duchene will be happy enough having his linemate there and a good blueline behind him to stay there.

I think Karlsson is going to the UFA market.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So what if CLB misses the playoff drafts top3 and resigns Duchene???Do we get 2020 and their 2021 1st,s??

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
The 2020 draft will make or break this team going forward
It'll definitely be an important one. But I think we have a few years of high picks.

Ideally Karlsson and Duchene sign with their current teams and somehow they both have bad seasons next year and those picks are higher quality.

Anyway, at the moment Ottawa is in decent shape going into 2020 draft wise. Also, we have a slew of 2nds that can be upgraded to 1sts or moved for players from teams in cap trouble.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It'll definitely be an important one. But I think we have a few years of high picks.

Ideally Karlsson and Duchene sign with their current teams and somehow they both have bad seasons next year and those picks are higher quality.

Anyway, at the moment Ottawa is in decent shape going into 2020 draft wise. Also, we have a slew of 2nds that can be upgraded to 1sts or moved for players from teams in cap trouble.
We need to draft high end pieces ,not just look for sure fire nhlers whos upside is that of 3rd line two way grinders

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Pretty slim. I don't think Sharks could resign Karlsson. Nor do I think it would be smart considering their big contracts they currently have.

I think Columbus is about to plummet, according to rumors. So I don't see Duchene resigning there. Plus, I expect a quick first round (4-5 games) elimination.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I don't have to look past our luck and realize that there is no way we are getting any conditional picks. Anyone who thinks we will is a very optimistic person, to say the least

Reactions: topshelf15

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I think Karlsson tests UFA, but I say the Sharks very likely will sign him. If they were willing to throw out that massive contract to Tavares I don't see why they wouldn't for Karlsson and he's already laid down some roots there.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think Karlsson tests UFA, but I say the Sharks very likely will sign him. If they were willing to throw out that massive contract to Tavares I don't see why they wouldn't for Karlsson and he's already laid down some roots there.
That deal for us doesnt look nearly as bad if he doesnt sign....Dont care what anybody says they paid alot for 1 season for one player,should he not sign with them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad