Post-Game Talk: The Colorado Avalanche wins the Stanley Cup!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ah...memories.

Both my dogs were severely ill at the time and I knew I didn't have much time left with them, soooooo thankful the Avs got it done on June 26th because I would not have had the mental or emotional capacity to handle a game seven. I might not have even watched. I lost them two days after the Avs won it all. Hard to believe it's almost been a year.

• Love
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Did ESPN+ pull down the replays for last years cup final? I was trying to go back and watch the games and they don't appear to be up there anymore. It's a huge bummer if they did.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah. ESPN and NHL.TV don't keep things forever anymore. Back when I had Center Ice on Dish Network, I remember them keeping games in a vault that had like the last sesaon and all of the current season games. After that only a few curated games were retained in what they called the Vault. The Vault had games from the 50s on.

The only problem with the Vault was the edited out fights. So watching Fight Night at the Lewis Arena was a drastically different experience. You see the first fist fly, whistle blow, and then a faceoff at center ice with both benches pretty bare. *LOL* I'm like, jesus...this is satallite TV, not OTA, you don't have to edit out violence. It's like when they show Blazing Saddles on TV and instead of hearing all the cowboys farting around the fire while eating beans, you hear a bunch of cows randomly start mooing really loudly.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Yeah. ESPN and NHL.TV don't keep things forever anymore. Back when I had Center Ice on Dish Network, I remember them keeping games in a vault that had like the last sesaon and all of the current season games. After that only a few curated games were retained in what they called the Vault. The Vault had games from the 50s on.

The only problem with the Vault was the edited out fights. So watching Fight Night at the Lewis Arena was a drastically different experience. You see the first fist fly, whistle blow, and then a faceoff at center ice with both benches pretty bare. *LOL* I'm like, jesus...this is satallite TV, not OTA, you don't have to edit out violence. It's like when they show Blazing Saddles on TV and instead of hearing all the cowboys farting around the fire while eating beans, you hear a bunch of cows randomly start mooing really loudly.
They have the Edmonton series still up. It looks like they just pulled down the Finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad