Speculation: The Colorado Avalanche Are More Than $6M Below The Cap Floor With One Roster Spot To Fill

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Orpik could make some sense.

What do Caps fans think of Orpik + Pick #31 to Colorado for Siemens + #58

?

Where does Orpik play, in this scenario? I prefer Nemeth over Orpik as the third pairing LHD (younger, better production last season), and would rather let Meloche or Timmins try to earn the 3rd pairing RHD spot in camp. But, if you're just getting him as depth, in case of injury, I guess he might be an upgrade over Alt.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Where does Orpik play, in this scenario? I prefer Nemeth over Orpik as the third pairing LHD (younger, better production last season), and would rather let Meloche or Timmins try to earn the 3rd pairing RHD spot in camp. But, if you're just getting him as depth, in case of injury, I guess he might be an upgrade over Alt.

Meloche and Timmins aren't playing in the NHL next season. Not out of camp at least.

Orpik comes in as depth in the 5/6/7 rotation with Barberio and Nemeth and adds a veteran presence for the young Dmen like G and Z.

He only has 1 year on his deal left so it's an easy contract to absorb for the Avs. And it gives the Caps space to keep Carlson.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Meloche and Timmins aren't playing in the NHL next season. Not out of camp at least.

Orpik comes in as depth in the 5/6/7 rotation with Barberio and Nemeth and adds a veteran presence for the young Dmen like G and Z.

He only has 1 year on his deal left so it's an easy contract to absorb for the Avs. And it gives the Caps space to keep Carlson.

That's probably a more realistic outlook about Meloche and Timmins. I'm hoping for a Girard type NHL debut for Timmins, but that might be overly optimistic.

I also have Nemeth as the 5D, with our 6/7 rotation being Barberio, Lindholm, Siemens, Alt, and Warsofsky. That's a lot of competition for 1 spot.

And, I agree it's an easy contract for us to be able to absorb, and makes sense for the Caps. I just think keeping Carlson is worth more to them than just moving down from the late 1st to the late 2nd. If they'd throw in a 2nd/3rd (could be 2019, could be conditional), I think I'd be on board. Just not sure I like it as is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad