The Coaching Thread Part I // Trotz, Torts, Carlyle.. Who will it be?

TML FTW*

Not pumpkinhead, that's fo sho.

They should call Laviolette, Boucher, and Dineen.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

You should have added Laviolette. I'll say him.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Jeff Blashil (probably detroit next coach anyway) if the red wings are in the playoffs, in big part thanks to him who developped all their youngsters !!

DaveT83*

Anyone that can limit the shots/scoring chances against would be a real great start.

I don't think coaching will have as much of an impact on this current roster as most would like. Run and Gun appears to be the most likely candidate for a SMALL, WEAK mobile roster that doesn't want to compete for space or pucks.

Last I remember that didn't work out too good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lavvy totally slipped my mind.

Just think of the other section as him :laugh:

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
It's got to be the right guy long-term, not just the best of whatever happens to be available.

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
Jeff Blashil (probably detroit next coach anyway) if the red wings are in the playoffs, in big part thanks to him who developped all their youngsters !!

This, Dineen or even Sheldon Keefe. He's the coach of the Soo Greyhounds. Seems to be a really good, progressive hockey mind. I like this idea, though. Someone who will play our players, wants to possess the puck and is pro-development

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I really cannot get behind anymore NHL re-treads those guys had their shot at the ring, and whatever they did with the former team did not work

Somebody new who will bring fresh ideas and new energy

Dale Hawerchuk, Stan Butler Todd Gill, Mike Stothers or perhaps a Dave Lowry

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I understand you want this thread to be as biased as possible, but you should have included Randy Carlyle still.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Ryan Huska coach of the Kelowna Rockets.

2012-13 Record :72 games 52-16-3-1
2013-14 Record :72 games 57-11-0-4 = 118 points.

#1 ranked team across Canada and the CHL.

Rockets are a factor for developing NHL quality Dmen.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Nonis will be gone before Randy.

Nonis was given an extension by Tim Lieweke and Carlyle was inherited by Nonis with the job.

The only way Nonis goes before Carlyle is if they both go together in a full house cleaning which I would seriously doubt.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Anyone that can limit the shots/scoring chances against would be a real great start.

I don't think coaching will have as much of an impact on this current roster as most would like. Run and Gun appears to be the most likely candidate for a SMALL, WEAK mobile roster that doesn't want to compete for space or pucks.

Last I remember that didn't work out too good.

This is what I'm thinking, and it's why I'd like to see Randy with his own team. His Ducks were everything I want in a team. I love the tough play, that hard hitting and intimidating style. I really enjoyed last years team. I don't know why we don't have that now.

My guess is like most coaches, RC is coaching to his best assets. He's got the Kessel line doing what it can, and the D working with them, but it doesn't help that the 2nd line is similar, but horrid in their own zone and make tonnes of offensive mistakes. Of course I'm mostly looking at my name sake and avy. I think Kadri's days are numbered.

We also need a real top 2 presence, if not a better #1D. In the long run it could be Gardiner and Reilly, but it'll take a couple years of NHL coaching to get there with young D.

My guess is Nonis will shop hard for either a great 2C or an impact D. Top of the list should be Eric Staal and Weber, if they're available.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Don't want Lavi. He is another offensive minded coach who is good to push team in to the contender status. We're no where close to being that team.

I want a defensive coach. Someone like Berube. I don't know about Dineen to make a proper judgement, and the under-18 might give us more information.

Blashil: Need to look at his roster and confirm that he is not just another Eakins.

Ralph Kruger is also an interesting choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad