Speculation: The coaching search continues

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Jim Montgomery might become available if he keeps making head scratching goalie switches

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I think Jim Montgomery is a coach that got some lucky breaks.
Lack of key injuries.
He inherited great veteran leaders who were already great 200 foot hockey players.
A well built hockey team with depth and built the right way
And NOT ONE....... but two outstanding goalies.

Have we hired Craig Berube yet?
No but we probably will end up with Craig Button.......( just kidding)
I hope we get Craig Berube.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think Jim Montgomery is a coach that got some lucky breaks.
Lack of key injuries.
He inherited great veteran leaders who were already great 200 foot hockey players.
A well built hockey team with depth and built the right way
And NOT ONE....... but two outstanding goalies.
It was John Gruden who was responsible for Boston's success last year....or let's just go with that....

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Claude Julien would be about as close to continuing with Martin as is possible, I'm sure he'll get an interview if he's interested
Said he have now lots of energy and when watching games, he feels he have answers for what’s was wrong

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Said he have now lots of energy and when watching games, he feels he have answers for what’s was wrong

I’d do it if the deal is he has no say in the Power Play, Staois gets to hire the power play coach (or he keeps Alfie to do it)

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Claude is past his best before date, the steam would give him a heart attack .

I put him up in the stands with Jacques Marte and have the French Duo Consultants for Chabot and company.

I don't know man I think we need to fire anybody remotely close to the goaltending coaches again. These are the same guys who consulted on getting copy and Murray and whoever. Justin Peters was never the grade of a goaltending coach. We need to buy the Roberto Luongo and Company from Florida to come and help our team.

Reactions: Relapsing

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Claude is past his best before date, the steam would give him a heart attack .

I put him up in the stands with Jacques Marte and have the French Duo Consultants for Chabot and company.

I don't know man I think we need to fire anybody remotely close to the goaltending coaches again. These are the same guys who consulted on getting copy and Murray and whoever. Justin Peters was never the grade of a goaltending coach. We need to buy the Roberto Luongo and Company from Florida to come and help our team.
Andlauer have work with Stephane Waite and still available. I wonder if he gonna call him this summer

Reactions: Laphroaig

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
If they go with Claude Julien, he’s likely just a placeholder for John Gruden (we’re all just waiting for him to be available before any decision is made, right?)

I’d probably be Ok with this over the option of John Gruden taking the reins right away. Feels a lot like what they’re doing with Ryan Bowness too

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Boston has scored 12 goals - Toronto has scored 6.

Keefe will be our next head coach.

Oct 10, 2010
Todd McLellan gonna cost pretty penny to bring in.

According to Garroich, McLellan was making $5m USD per year with the Kings.

He also mentions that Ottawa had sat down with Evason, he has a year remaining and making $2M per year with the Wild.

Another note of worthy news is that Ottawa has or plans to meet with Berube.

Reactions: senswon and DrEasy

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
What about that winning pedigree they mentioned? Guy hasn't coached an NHL team to a playoff series win
They just interviewed him, they didn't hire him yet. No guarantee Berube or Gallant will agree to come here barring a massive overpayment.

Evason's playoff record (in the NHL and AHL) is pretty horrid, but he did constantly get 100+ point seasons.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I don’t think i can handle having a coach that is from a place called Flin Flon

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Todd McLellan gonna cost pretty penny to bring in.

According to Garroich, McLellan was making $5m USD per year with the Kings.

He also mentions that Ottawa had sat down with Evason, he has a year remaining and making $2M per year with the Wild.

Another note of worthy news is that Ottawa has or plans to meet with Berube.

$$ should not be an issue with this ownership group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad