Speculation: The coaching search continues

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
To be fair to his playoffs lack of success with the wild, they've been operating with a 12-14 mil buyout penalty the last two years and weren't using LTIR loopholes like some teams do to ice a turbocharged playoff roster.
I hope the NHL does something about this Vegas "cheating" method in the next season.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Why isn't Daryl Sutter part of this conversation?

The guy has been able to quickly turn things around anywhere he goes. Granted, his coaching style has a short shelf life but I feel like he is exactly what we need to completely transform the identity of this team very quickly.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
  • Wow
Reactions: StoicSensFan

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
What about that winning pedigree they mentioned? Guy hasn't coached an NHL team to a playoff series win

Weren't an easy out in any one of his 3 years coaching the Wild.

They took Vegas to 7 games in 2021, Blues to 6 games in 2022 and the Stars to 6 games in 2023.

Blues were the only team they were better than on paper and should have beat IMO.

.638 point percentage coaching the Wild, who never had an elite roster on paper during his tenure, is pretty damn impressive.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If you're going to lead with two guys that aren't yet available, might as well include Brindamour...
My understanding is Brindamour has an extension and they are working on his assistants.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023

The guy has been able to quickly turn things around anywhere he goes. Granted, his coaching style has a short shelf life but I feel like he is exactly what we need to completely transform the identity of this team very quickly.
Sutter won't leave his farm in Viking Alberta

For him it would need to be a Western Conference team

My understanding is Brindamour has an extension and they are working on his assistants.
They've been working on his assistants all year before the season started

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Getting too old and I would wager he's not as 'hungry' to win because he's done it multiple times.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be fair to his playoffs lack of success with the wild, they've been operating with a 12-14 mil buyout penalty the last two years and weren't using LTIR loopholes like some teams do to ice a turbocharged playoff roster.
He has a 590 something pt% in his NHL head coaching career.. Not terrible.

If people complain he never won a playoff round .. ok but should they have... Were they the favorites that underachieved ?

If we limit the coaching search to coaches that have had success through several playoff rounds and maybe did it more than once .. we'd have a short list

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Fantastic news that we're interested in experienced head coaches with winning track records
Hale did you see the article in the hockey news on Jake Voracek? I laughed when I read it thinking about you because you're always on about trade trees and how bad some of our deals became

I don't think we can top what Columbus did with Voracek. They traded Voracek and 2 picks to Philly for Carter. Carter only played 39 games for Columbus. We all know what Voracek became for Philly, but the draft picks turned into Sean Couturier and Nick Cousins.

Now that's grand larceny 😃

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
That's not exactly what @2CHAINZ says...

Losers whine about getting a date first. Winners go home and make love to the prom queen.
I was hoping you'd come on and correct me.

zI04b7uTG7TV2DjKjA.webp

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hale did you see the article in the hockey news on Jake Voracek? I laughed when I read it thinking about you because you're always on about trade trees and how bad some of our deals became

I don't think we can top what Columbus did with Voracek. They traded Voracek and 2 picks to Philly for Carter. Carter only played 39 games for Columbus. We all know what Voracek became for Philly, but the draft picks turned into Sean Couturier and Nick Cousins.

Now that's grand larceny 😃

I didn't see it but yeah Holmgren selling high on Carter and Richards was insanely smart.

Turned those two into Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Schenn, Cousins and millions in cap space.

Reactions: DrEasy and JD1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad