The Claude Julien & Michel Therrien poll thread

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Julien is the better coach. Therrien still hasn't figured out how to fix the PP (DD remains on the first wave even though he is emasculating the first wave with his pass-first habits, Beaulieu is stuck in limbo), and Therrien will be slow to make adjustments. And the Bruins seem more competent at playing defense. Krug and Hamilton are playing, while Coach T rides Bouillon.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
How is this poll relatively even? Julien is 10 times to coach Therrien is, even if Therrien got it all right in one round.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
**** that fat *******. I'm Impressed with what that fat ******* has done with the bruins but he also has much better player than therein does. Separate from his in game coaching ability, he knows which buttons to push to get the best out Of his players. He Still doesn't know how to reign them in however.

I'd still take Martin over therein but can't deny the results rispek got this year and last

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Fortunately, the players will have more to say about the outcome than the coaches.

Claude's predeliction to perpetrate Broonesque fairytales in media will bite him on the arse. "We never dive, we're clean and exhibit exemplary sportsmanship"...ad nauseum.

Stuff is from the Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Congratulations on those that feel they need to abstain. We're in a war now... As much as possible, we need to circle the wagons...:handclap:

This. Have been critical of MT and some of our roster choices, but it's the playoffs second round versus our most-hated rival so it's time to put that aside and play the hand we have!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Julien has achieved superior results with the Habs to Carbonneau, Gainey, Martin, and Therrien.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
CJ, along with AV, are 2 coaches that were should not have been fired when they were. They both seem to be doing well now though..

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Even if I think that CJ is a better coach, I'd rather have MT.

I like how MT can bring the guys together and he does bring respect to the guys. I just don't think that Claude Julien's attitude isn't good long term if you're trying to develop young players. You don't want a whiny coach developping players.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Real result will be after the series. Expectations is that Boston wins this. Easily or not.....we don't know. Yet, if Therrien brings that to game 6 or 7 and with tight games all the way....he will have done his share. But it better not be one-sided. 'Cause what would have happened against TBay would have NO meaning whatsoever.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
100% agree with this! I can't stand his crying every single game, but this was just disgusting.

He was sticking up for his players. I can't fault a coach for that, no matter how wrong he is. Wish Therrien did more of that. Some Habs fans struggle with being the least bit objective. How on earth is Therrien a better coach?

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada

I like how MT can bring the guys together and he does bring respect to the guys. I just don't think that Claude Julien's attitude isn't good long term if you're trying to develop young players. You don't want a whiny coach developping players.

Yeah, CJ has done a terrible job developing young players such as Hamilton, Krug, R Smith, etc...

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

He whines in front of the camera as do most coaches do, but I think hes pretty straight up guy who takes his job seriously. The whiniest coach in the league I think is Boudreau and Julien is miles better than him.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
The Paciorretty-Chara and the Embelishment saga made me loose any respect for Julien.

Yup, I have zero respect for Julien. He is one of, if not the biggest hypocrite in the league. He might be a better coach than Therrien but I would never want to see him again in the Habs organization.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
one thing is for sure, we'll get a great indication of MT's ability as a coach in watching the team perform in the first 2-3 games of the series.

give a strong coach the extra pep time, and you'll see a team come out with a very structured & effective team game.

regardless of the scoreboard result through the first few games, how well the habs perform/execute should make MT's coaching acumen plain to see for all of us

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Let's get real here... every single Habs coach sucks so there is no chance that Therrien wins this.

Julien has a heck of a team in front of him but Therrien has done a good job as well.

They are pretty damn close.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I'm far from a MT supporter but I voted for him. My reasoning is fairly simple.

Our coach isn't better at coaching than CJ is, but ask yourself, aside from the year they won the cup (where btw, he was on thin ice) why have the Bruins always struggled in terms of blowing leads/series' against weaker opposition?

My answer is this: excuses. Michel Therrien may not be the best coach in the league, but there is one thing he does understand better than Julien and better than a lot of coaches in this league.

You CANNOT under any circumstances make excuses! A coach is supposed to be the adult in the room (yes, I know hockey players are adults, you know what I meant) and when your own coach is blaming your lack of success on anything other than himself and the team, it sends the wrong message.

These are hockey players, grown men. They don't need their coach making excuses for their poor play, or for losing a game. It shows he cannot accept responsibility for a loss nor can his team. It causes a trickle down effect and guys like Marchand lose accountability, their coach is simply brushing off the teams issues and problems with excuses, and all they are is excuses.

People can give MT all the flack they want about his coaching skills, much of it is legitimate, but one thing you cannot discredit him on is being a human being with a solid structure in his life. He doesn't accept excuses, excuses are what they are, just an excuse. He doesn't actively try to discredit the opponent, blame the refs, blame anything but those who are at fault. At the end of the day players win hockey games, not referees.

When it comes to game 7, I want the coach who tells it like it is, not the guy who wipes their ***** when they take a ****. Julien's style of excusing his players/team may work well in the regular season, and he even won a cup after multiple game 7's, but make no mistake his excuses have held that team back far more than they've pushed them forward, it's only the fact that he is a good coach aside from that that keeps them winning.

Long story short, MT might not be a better coach, but I'll take the winning mentality over the whiner mentality in a 7 game series between bitter rivals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00