Recalled/Assigned: The Christian Dvorak Uber Tracker

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I thought the prevailing attitude around here was that having the AHL club in Tucson was a good thing, so players could move up and down?

It is, but Dvorak is a player most see as ready to be in the NHL full time getting 15min a night. And it doesn't look like he's getting sent down so Strome can get some games in, or someone like MacInnis could get a shot in the NHL. He's getting sent down because Martinook is now a full time C. We have created a very unnecessary log jam at C.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Hopefully Hanzal comes back and is good right away so they can trade him. Then keep losing and dump Richardson for something. Will he play Sturris and Dvorak then?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Cause we might as well move him now for whatever we can get :laugh:

Everyone rolls their eyes at me saying Duke will be dealt, but if Tippett has already decided he's not a "Tippett player", they'd be stupid not to. They'd be stupid to dump him anyway, but it'd be more stupid to devalue him before parting ways.

Strome Plan:
1. Don't play
2. ???
3. Be awesome NHL player

Dominated juniors. Has to adjust to NHL game pace. Arguably the most important pick we've made since OEL, and this is literally our plan. Has anyone else ever tried this? Has this ever been successful. Has any player developed and adjusted to the NHL through an extended period of practice but no game play? A single example of success?
I just don't see any of those types of things the AHL is good for really mattering for Dvorak much, which is why I objected to it the first time.
Most NHL players had to adjust to the NHL game IN the NHL. The idea that practice or the AHL is going to make these guys top six players with no need for adjustment is ridiculous. I can't believe the person in charge of the rebuild is the guy who literally said "this isn't a development league" and has shown zero evidence that has changed. Meanwhile Babcock has taken the "Detroit Model" to Toronto and is embracing the young players for what they are and is treating the season as an opportunity to let the kids learn and adjust. While playing.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It is, but Dvorak is a player most see as ready to be in the NHL full time getting 15min a night. And it doesn't look like he's getting sent down so Strome can get some games in, or someone like MacInnis could get a shot in the NHL. He's getting sent down because Martinook is now a full time C. We have created a very unnecessary log jam at C.

That seems to me as jumping to a conclusion prematurely. Dvorak can certainly improve his work along the boards at the AHL level and they most likely feel he'll be better for it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Kylristian Dvorris is getting the Tippett treatment. Simple as that. Coach has decided he's not good enough for the top six, so we'll turn him into a fourth line center. In the AHL. I look forward to hearing fans in another market talk about his superb two-way play while he puts up points.

This coach can't see past the next shift. He shouldn't even be worried with his giant extension/promotion.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Welcome back, Christian :handclap:

How will this affect the lineup? Strome most likely scratched again?

Something like:

Rieder, Hanzal, Vrbata
Domi, Dvorak, Duclair
McGinn, Martinook, Doan
Dauphin, White, Crouse

Or what do you guys think?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Put Doan on the fourth and Crouse on the third. The team would be better for it.

Agreed. But it's not gonna happen under Tippett:cry:
It would also make the team better to swap McGinn and Dauphin who's been playing well lately. But same here. Tippett would never do it:naughty:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
#FreeStrome

Agreed. They waited long enough. If he hasn't figured it out by now he likely won't for the rest of the season...at least without playing games.
Strome now played 7 games...with a 3 game home stand upcoming I'd play him on the 2nd/3rd line in 2 of those 3 games. I'd probably go with Edmonton and Vancouver as we can't afford Strome taking draws against SJ. If he plays well, I'd keep him as 3rd line center. If he doesn't, send him back to juniors and have Martinook or Dauphin playing 3C.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Put White in the press box and Doan and Crouse BOTH on the 4th line, and AT LEAST let Strome in games to center those two.

I thought you liked Strome? Doan is a boat anchor this year.

Play:
Domi - Dvorak - Duclair
Martinook - Strome - Rieder
McGinn - Hanzal - Vrbata
Crouse - Dauphin - Doan

for 10 ten games, no changes. Sub White in for Doan. What's the worst that can happen? You can only go up from the bottom.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'd try something like this (short term):
Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
McGinn - Martinook - Vrbata
Rieder - Dvorak - Crouse
Dauphin - Strome - Doan​

Once we find a replacement for Richardson, send Strome back to Juniors, Trade Rieder, and move Martinook back to LW

Domi - Dvorak - Duclair
McGinn - Hanzal - Vrbata
Martinook - NEW - NEW
Crouse/Dauphin (competition) - NEW - Doan​

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'd try something like this (short term):
Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
McGinn - Martinook - Vrbata
Rieder - Dvorak - Crouse
Dauphin - Strome - Doan​

Once we find a replacement for Richardson, send Strome back to Juniors, Trade Rieder, and move Martinook back to LW

Domi - Dvorak - Duclair
McGinn - Hanzal - Vrbata
Martinook - NEW - NEW
Crouse/Dauphin (competition) - NEW - Doan​

With Tippett at the helm, Rieder will not be traded before Duclair. Mark my words.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
With Tippett at the helm, Rieder will not be traded before Duclair. Mark my words.

I'm not Tippett :laugh:
I'm also not at the helm :(

A part of me thinks Duclair and Strome should be traded, just so that they can actually have decent NHL careers. Strome and Duclair to the Isles for Strome and Kulemin? We'd probably have to add more

Hell, we might as well trade away OEL as well, I'm sure we could get some defensively-inclined veteran for him.

:sarcasm:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
You guys are all nuts, Tippett hasn't kept the same lines for 10 games at any time during the years he's been here.

he's been quoted as saying, if it ain't broke, "you haven't looked hard enough".

he's the quintessential tinkerer who just can't stop inventing stuff or trying stuff. Only 1 game matters to him, the one he is currently about to play.

LRP he is not concerned about, "this is not a developmental league".

Shall I go on.

The "experiment" has failed. Either trade all the good players for players like Martinook and Tippett's system would be fine, but until that happens, we will be in the exact same spot we've been in the last 4. The thing is that everyone knows this.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The "experiment" has failed. Either trade all the good players for players like Martinook and Tippett's system would be fine, but until that happens, we will be in the exact same spot we've been in the last 4. The thing is that everyone knows this.

I for one can't wait until we trade Duclair and Strome for Grandlund and Sutter, and we demote the rest of the youth to bring back Chip, Moss, and Halpern. We can probably trade Perlini for Vermette to get more two-way presence.
Bonus points for when we're still sub-.500 and the PR department defends Tippett's record by saying we don't have enough talent on the roster to be successful.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
You guys are all nuts, Tippett hasn't kept the same lines for 10 games at any time during the years he's been here.

he's been quoted as saying, if it ain't broke, "you haven't looked hard enough".

he's the quintessential tinkerer who just can't stop inventing stuff or trying stuff. Only 1 game matters to him, the one he is currently about to play.

LRP he is not concerned about, "this is not a developmental league".

Shall I go on.

One of the many signs of a lost coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad